was trying to update from window 8.1 to windows 10 but couldn't because of modern setup host error.

SNDRO
SNDRO Member Posts: 3 New User
This discussion was created from comments split from: ACER Veriton M2611G (VM2611G_HC) does not start anymore.

Answers

• SNDRO

Hello.

Same thing happened to me. I was trying to update from window 8.1 to windows 10 but couldn't because of modern setup host error.

Tried to update using a pen with windows 10 and now, everytime i boot up the pc, there's no boot post, the screen remains black, the usb keyboard and mouse do not lit up, the pc doesn't beep. i took the cmos battery out, reseted the bios but to no avail.

Any solution?

Thanks

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

It sounds as if your boot mode isn't set correctly. Can you take some pictures of the BIOS pages for us? Next boot on the pen drive again and go into the Repair option, then the command prompt. Use diskpart to look at your drives, volumes and the partitions on the internal drive. Share those images as well. We'll help you get it figured out from there. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Leave it unplugged, over night with the battery removed, is your only chance.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

You may also trying holding the power button for a long time.

I'm wondering if you interfered with the update process as it seems to be "BRICKED ?

• SNDRO

Nothing shows up when i turn on the pc. I can not go into bios setting, no Acer logo on startup.

The only thing i did was insert a usb drive, booted to upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10, gave me an error, restarted, got stuck in Acer logo but the image was

i'm still thinking how on earth when trying to upgrade/install windows can you mess up a board/bios...

I also tried taking off the cpu, the ram, tried another psu, took off the battery...

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Does the fan spin at all when you first push the power button?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.