Acer Nitro 5 model AN515-57 doesn't recognize DP connection via usb-c cable

rika_
rika_ Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Nitro Gaming

I have Nitro 5 model  AN515-57, althought I've read that it supports DP via usb-c but that didn't work for me. I'm trying to connect a pen display tablet to my laptop via a usb-c cable and then I can draw on the tablet but the laptop just doesn't recognize it.

I also tried to connect same pen display tablet with it's usb-c to my sister chromebook and it worked just fine and I could use it and draw on the tablet. Please help me to find a solution to this usb-c connection.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• rika_

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 Answer ✓

@Jack22 Thank you but after a LOT of search I've found that dp or video transition via usb-c is only from  USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 which has a speed up to 20 Gbps and the USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 is same as a normal usb-a and has a speed up to only 10 Gbps. (The Nitro 5 model AN515-57 has USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 btw so no dp and that's why there is only normal usb symbol next to the usb-c port)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,767 Trailblazer

The USBC thunderbolt port on RIGHT side of laptop should support DisplayPort video out. Press F5 or FN+F5 to try to toggle it on.

Jack E/NJ

• rika_

Tinkerer

@JackE It says Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)

• Is TBT DEVICE GAIN enabled in the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rika_

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho What is "TBT DEVICE GAIN"? and how can I activate it?

• JackE

Yes, first try @egydiocoelho 's suggestion in the BIOS Advanced tab. If that doesn't work. Then shutdown the laptop normally but leave the monitor turned on. Wait a minute or two. Then turn the laptop back on.

Jack E/NJ

• rika_

Tinkerer

@JackE I just checked the BIOS and they are only Intel VTX and Intel VTD settings and no TBT Detection Gain option

• rika_

Tinkerer

Found in Main "USB/TBT Wake from S4 support" and enable it but no different, still seeing nothing on the pen display.

• does the usb-c port have a lightning bolt symbol?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rika_

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho Actually no, just a normal USB symbol. Does that mean it doesn't support dp via USB-C? Although in the user manual for it (Nitro 5 AN515-57) the dp via usb-c is supported.

• rika_

Tinkerer

Is the ansfer speed actually matters when it comes to dp because Nitro AN515-57 has transfer speed via the usb-c up to only 10 Gbps

• JackE

>>>I just checked the BIOS and they are only Intel VTX and Intel VTD settings and no TBT Detection Gain option>>>

Press Ctrl+S in Advanced tab to see if hidden TBT option appears.

Jack E/NJ

• rika_

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 Answer ✓

@Jack22 Thank you but after a LOT of search I've found that dp or video transition via usb-c is only from  USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 which has a speed up to 20 Gbps and the USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 is same as a normal usb-a and has a speed up to only 10 Gbps. (The Nitro 5 model AN515-57 has USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 btw so no dp and that's why there is only normal usb symbol next to the usb-c port)

• JackE

Are you sure you're using the correct ThunderBolt type-C port with the lightning symbol on the right hand side. ? t should support DisplayPort 1.4 signal output?

Jack E/NJ