GPU PCIe 16x slot have compatibility with Veriton N6460G

NucaPuturoasa
NucaPuturoasa Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hey everyone,

This year i've purchased an empty chassis from a Veriton N6460G. It's the one with R2.0 bios build which support intel's 7th gen cpus.

I've added a i5-7500, 16gb of RAM and a m.2 ssd with a 500gb hdd to it. For multimedia purposes it's more then ideal.

As an experiment i've tried adding a GPU in the PCIe 16x slot that on the side. Needless to say i haven't been very successful in actually making it work.

Things that i've done so far.

Added a 135w power adapter to make sure there's enough power for everything.

I don't have any jumpers inside the case to change the power settings and in some cases the bios sees it as a 90w and mostly in 65w configuration.

I've looked for a low TDP gpu (~50w) to add to the slot so that the cpu + gpu don't go over 135w.

For the gpu i used an asus mini 1650, which i eventually managed to start. Observations here: the windows interface was exponentially slower when the gpu was providing video output.

The moment i start up something graphical demanding, the system crashes and i have to fiddle with it again to make work (still don't have clear steps).

I've tried removing the hdd, but that didn't help, tired limiting the CPU to 99% so it wouldn't turbo up (it usualy stays, in load at around 30w max power draw), no good.

While looking in different forums and other pages i've seen that for the N6660g system the Quadro P620 2GB is shown there. (it's pretty difficult to find one in a place where you can return it if it doesn't work).

The question is: had anyone managed to add any type of dedicated graphics card to the system to the PCIe slot?

I know that it's a gen 2 PCIe, but it still should provide 75w of power (hence why i added the 135w power brick)

Looking forward to any advice or comments.

Frankenstein picture bellow.

[Edited the thread to add title issue detail]

Best Answers

Answers