Aspire TC-1760 Browser security when I Search, driving me mad.

dnpark38
dnpark38 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Just got an Aspire TC-1760 my first PC with Windows 11 on which I use Google Chrome because that's what I'm used to on Windows 10.

The TC-1760 came with Edge but to me the junk on screen was annoying, I just want to type in my search on a nice clear screen.

But each time I do a search I have a some security jump in and have to do the proof that I'm a real person. is it a Windows 11 thing? I do not get it on Windows 10 PS,s.

Can I stop it?

Thanks

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Best Answer

• dnpark38

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Thanks.

Just been in touch with my VPN provider and been advised to change DNS from Automatic to Manual and set a DNS.

This appears to made things OK.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer

Don't think so. Usually a website thing. Sometimes requiring you to pick an object in photo scenes, like a boat, from a number of photos with and without boats in the scenes. A hassle.

Jack E/NJ

• dnpark38

Tinkerer

Yes that's the one, do not think website related, even does it when Search is Acer.

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer

Hello!!

@dnpark38,

The security check screen which you get is normal. I understand it would be annoying when it comes all time, when we do a simple search.

If you are using the Edge browser, download Google chrome browser and check using Google Search Engine.

If you get the Security check on both browsers, you can try installing Brave browser and use it. Brave browser block the trackers, add.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• dnpark38

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Thanks.

Just been in touch with my VPN provider and been advised to change DNS from Automatic to Manual and set a DNS.

This appears to made things OK.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer

Thanks for reporting back.

Jack E/NJ