Acer Aspire TC-1760 - Anyone fitted a dvd/cd unit or Any instructions available to find?

dnpark38
dnpark38 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Anything special about the unit required? ( I have a unit out of a big case computer.)

Any instructions anywhere or video?

Mine is Acer Aspire TC-1760

Thanks

[Edited thread to add model name and issue detail]

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer

Hello!!

@dnpark38,

Click here to watch video for your desktop Aspire TC-1760. Normally these desktop comes with DVD drive in-built. It may vary on variant also.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• dnpark38

Tinkerer

Hi, thanks.

That video describes my PC ok so you got the correct description video.

I think that these days desktops and desktops no longer have a DVD/CD etc. unit fitted in ACER and other makes.

Any instructions anywhere or video?

Regards, David

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Installation is actually not too difficult, but the drive you have may not be compatible. The supported drives are the slimline type that are used on laptop and new desktops. The older drives are much thicker and don't fit in the bay. If your drive is only about a half inch thick then you may be goo. There should have been a few pieces of hardware in the box with your system, and those are used to mount the drive and connect it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dnpark38

Tinkerer

Been back to my supplier s Accessories/spares section and they tell me there isn't a unit for my computer.

Bad mark for Acer then.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited November 2022

Amazon has a lots of internal drives for ACER however the best buy is an external USB unit,

• dnpark38

Tinkerer

Yes but which one on Amazon is OK

See my post of this morning, now also Acers supplier of parts and accessories as told me there isn't one suitable.

• Larryodie

I'll do some research later.

Do you have a part number available ?

• dnpark38

Tinkerer

There is no part number as there is no unit according to what Acer tell me.

Hope you can be of help.

• Larryodie

I really don't want to be difficult but I'm not with Acer in any capacity and I don't want to advise wrong.

Here is the USA link to parts as a phone number and chat is available.

I feel that if they sold you a computer with a DVD kit then they should provide the instructions and a manufacture's part # .

Here is the link for USA parts.

https://store.acer.com/en-us/

• dnpark38

Tinkerer

Thanks for that info. Larryodie.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

You should be able to get almost any slimline DVD drive. They are all standardized in size and position of the screw holes for brackets. Whether an external is better is really determined by what you will be using it for. If you tend to use it a lot then go with an internal, if you only use it to install software then an external is a better choice.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.