Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-55 no display while powering on

Options
iwouldlovehelp
iwouldlovehelp Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops

Like numerous other people I've encountered the black screen of death it seems.

The more I've googled this problem the less hopeful I am getting, hopefully someone here can come through do me a solid and help me get this problem fixed.

When I power the device the laptop's screen does nothing, stays black. I cannot access the bios, nor do anything on the laptop screen. I am using a hdmi to use an external monitor which is working fine, which makes me assume its the laptops actual display that is having the issue/broken?

This laptop is literally a month old and hardly moves from my desk apart from cleaning etc.

Multiple people seem to have similar problems, but fixes' are varied and I've given up trying for tonight, I will try to google/search for some more in the morning but if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be awesome.

Thank you for your time acer community

[Thread was edited to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022
    Options

You need to do a hard reset, which entails taking the main and bios batteries out and the ram, then reconnecting everything (as either the super IO or the bios chips have frozen, and they need resetting) then reconnect after about 15min. Don't do this if you haven't opened a laptop before as you could damage the case and internal components which will void your 12 months Acer warranty, wear an antistatic wrist band. As with any new laptop its best to get Acer to diagnose the fault and get them to fix them all.

To open the laptop up and do all the above do the following:

1. Remove the eleven (11) screws securing the lower case to the upper case
    2. Starting from the upper side, pry to release the upper side latches.
    3. Continue releasing the remaining latches. Then remove the lower case.