My PH315-52-7958 doesn't start, battery reset did not help

Options
Nehamemos
Nehamemos Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hi,

I have an ACER Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-7958 laptop of 32 Month (Warranty expired), after a year and a half, it started to crash (reboot) regularly during "intensive" games. I sent it for repair under warranty. When it came back it was working normally again, except for noisy fans.

A few weeks ago the laptop suddenly shut down (no blue screen) after a reboot following a Windows update. Impossible to restart, nothing happened when pressing the power button. I did a Battery Reset (press the power button for 15 seconds) which unblocked the situation but it continued to turn off once or twice a day. I looked in the windows event viewer which reported errors regarding the TPM close to crashes, so I disabled the TPM in the BIOS. After that, no more crashes.

After 2 weeks, during a startup (at the login level), the laptop go again off. As before, no reaction when pressing the power button. So I did a battery reset again then briefly pressed the power button and there, the keyboard was briefly backlit (1 second) then nothing. I redid the manipulation several times (> 50 times) and almost always the same result (Nothing happens except after a battery reset when pressing the power button causes a brief flash on the keyboard). However, I still managed to start it 3 times. During these reboots, Windows started normally, the fans worked fine and after 30-60 seconds it turned off.

I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery, starting with or without the power cable, leaving the battery disconnected and only the power cable plugged in, but still the same result. Somebody have any idea of what could cause this strange behavior?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers