Can my Aspire Z3-705 be used as a monitor for my PC?

MarksydeDogsled
MarksydeDogsled Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey there!! I have an ACER Aspire Z3-705 all in one PC and its not doing too badly. I have recently built myself a PC that has significantly better performance than available in this all in one. Can I use this model of all in one as a monitor for my PC?

Answers

• MarksydeDogsled
    MarksydeDogsled Member Posts: 3 New User

Rather this: Is there a workaround to using my All in one as a monitor and sound for my PC?

• If you want to use an all in one PC as a monitor, you’ll need to connect it to your computer. The process is fairly simple, and can be done with a few cables. First, find the VGA port on your computer. This is usually located on the back of the machine. Next, locate the VGA port on your all in one PC. This is also usually located on the back of the machine. Connect the two ports using a VGA cable. Once the ports are connected, turn on your all in one PC and your computer. Your all in one PC will now act as a monitor for your computer.

Most all in one PCs come with a pre-configured display. However, there may be times when you need to change this setting. For example, if you are using the all in one PC as a monitor and it is not positioned in the correct spot, you will need to adjust the display settings.

To configure the display on an all in one PC:

1) Open the Control Panel.

2) Click on Hardware and Sound.

3) Click on Display.

4) In the Display window, click on Change Display Settings.

5) In the Change Display Settings window, use the slider to adjust the resolution or size of your display.

6) Click OK.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Note that you don't have VGA ports.... You will be using the HDMI-In port on the AIO.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Brian1717
    Brian1717 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey thanks man!! My eyes and such found the port that says HDMI IN. BRILLIANT!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Happy to help! :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.