Predator PH315-53 sometimes repeatedly boots directly into BIOS.

Options
demozide
demozide Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

My Predator Helios 300 sometimes repeatedly boots into BIOS when tried to turn it on and boot to windows. The support engineer said it might be a faulty keyboard. My laptop was recently installed and updated with KB5018410. I noticed this BIOS issue since then. Is it really a faulty windows update or keyboard?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    1. Shut laptop down. Turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu.
    2. In the SECURITY section, set and save a supervisor password.
    3. Then save setting and exit the BIOS menu. Then shut machine down again.
    4. Then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY start tapping F2 again to re-enter the BIOS menu with the supervisor password.
    5. Then turn off secure boot in the BOOT section. Save settings and exit.

Try the restore point again.

Jack E/NJ

• demozide

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

I have reset my windows yesterday and now it is mint in condition. Thank you for all the kind words. Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Answers

• JackE
    Options

>>>My laptop >>> updated with KB5018410>>>>

Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date approximately when the problem started?

Jack E/NJ

• demozide

Tinkerer

Options

Thank you for the reply. I found the windows update and I kinda reverted that update. But, it broke my laptop (kind of). I can no longer access the device manager. The screenshot is added below. I reverted back to the previous state of the suspicious timeline long ago. and it is of no use. I really appreciate any help you can provide.

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    1. Shut laptop down. Turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu.
    2. In the SECURITY section, set and save a supervisor password.
    3. Then save setting and exit the BIOS menu. Then shut machine down again.
    4. Then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY start tapping F2 again to re-enter the BIOS menu with the supervisor password.
    5. Then turn off secure boot in the BOOT section. Save settings and exit.

Try the restore point again.

Jack E/NJ

• demozide

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

I have reset my windows yesterday and now it is mint in condition. Thank you for all the kind words. Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

• JackE
    Options

Congratulations. Make sure System Protection is turned on in Control Panel's restore point app just in case an errant update messes it up again. Thanks for reporting back. 🙂

Jack E/NJ