XB323UGX - Splash screen and Menu OSD artifacting

Options
typebigiz
typebigiz Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello,

I recently purchased this monitor several days ago. Everything was good until I noticed the splash screen and Menu OSD artifacting. HDMI and display port cables have no effect.

Has anyone run into this issue before and know how to resolve this? This is my second monitor (the first monitor had discoloration on one part of the screen) and I would hate to return it if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,563 Trailblazer
    Options

The splash screen shows a fair amount of bleeding that might simply be due to the firmware image, not the hardware. Doesn't seem too unusual for a splash screen. If the full screen command prompt looks fairly uniformly black, it's likely not a hardware issue.

What's the OSD look like with the cable disconnected from its input port?

Jack E/NJ

• typebigiz
    Options

Hey JackE, I was thinking the same thing as this looks to be firmware issue and not a hardware issue. Other than the splash screen and the OSD, the screen works without any issues.

With just the power cord just connected nothing changes.

• JackE
    Options

If you mean the mixed blue & white pixels in the OSD, it's probably a firmware imaging defect again. If you haven't got the Display Widget installed, you might want to try it. Download it from this link to see if it has anything in it to clear it up as the Widget is supposed to interface with the BIOS for certain function. As long as I could see and apply the OSD options OK, I wouldn't be concerned. But if it bothers you, you could ask for replacement though I suspect they're all gonna be like this until/unless a new firmware version is released on the Acer download site.

Jack E/NJ

• typebigiz
    Options

I appreciate your input on this @JackE.

• JackE
    Options

OK. Good luck with it. 🙂

Jack E/NJ