How to Toggle Function Key in 2022 gateway GWTN156-7GR Laptop

IAND
IAND Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2022 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

The suggestions posted tend to suggest changing BIOS, but BIOS in my new laptop does not have a setting for keyboard settings (either to turn off function key toggle or numeric lock).

There is extremely few options in the BIOS setup screens.

PS: to change BIOS, you have to enter "ESC" key at bootup, not one of the Function keys

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer

Hundreds of 2022 laptop models. Which one do you have? For example, SF514-56T? Try pressing Ctrl+S in each BIOS tab or page to reveal hidden options like function key behavior.

Jack E/NJ

• IAND

Manufacturer Part Number: GWTN156-7GR

Technically it is a Gateway, built by Acer: Gateway 15.6" Ultra Slim Notebook, FHD, Intel® Core™ i3-1115G4, Dual Core, 8GB Memory, 256GB SSD, Tuned by THX™, 1.0MP Webcam, HDMI, Fingerprint Scanner, Cortana,

Thanks

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

You have a laptop designed and marketed by a specific vendor. For those you have to go to the vendor for support, we don't have access to anything on them. So I believe you have to ask Walmart whether they support toggling the function.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE

>>>GWTN156-7GR>>>

Just look in the BIOS menu tabs for function key behavior.

Jack E/NJ

• IAND

Picture of CMOS Screen: ( I don't know where keyboard settings are )

PS: per https://www.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/contact-support, "For immediate solutions to common issues, please visit Acer Community. If you would still like to contact a customer support representative, please choose from the two options below."

• Have you checked in USB CONFIGURATION?

Oi! Eu nĂŁo sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    edited November 2022

Go back into the BIOS Advanced tab to see if the function key behavior is shown after pressing Ctrl+S. Choose function key option.

Jack E/NJ

• IAND

Picture of CMOS Screen: ( I don't know where keyboard settings are )

PS: per Gateway Support "For immediate solutions to common issues, please visit Acer Community. If you would still like to contact a customer support representative, please choose from the two options below."

• JackE

Did you click on all the arrows to see what options are available?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

Yeah, we don't have access to service info on those machines at all, so can only try and help using the pictures you post. You will have to expand each of those setting looking for function key behavior, and it might not even be supported...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.