annoying vertical lines on my Acer monitor.

Options
timothywgray
timothywgray Member Posts: 3 New User

Vertical lines have started appearing in multiple locations on my monitor. They are mostly black, but some are red, yellow, and green. They appear when the monitor is powered on, and don't go away. They are getting progressively worse as the months go on. I don't think this is due to physical damage on the monitors. If there is a black background on the actual image, the black vertical lines start turning white. I tried adjusting several of the settings on the monitor, to no avail.

Any ideas what is causing this issue, and how to fix it? Thank you.

Answers

• timothywgray
    Options

See the attached image, which shows the lines on the monitor.

• William_mk2
    Options

@timothywgray

Solution 1

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue..  Turn off the computer.  Tap f2 ( f2 for laptop , del for desktop ) while turning on the computer.  It will go to bios.  Please stay on the bios screen for 30 mins.  If the display is looking good on bios then it is a software issue.  If the display is not looking good on the bios screen then it is a hardware issue.  

If it is a software issue try the following the steps..

Try windows x 

go to device manager 

expand display adapter

right click on display driver - uninstall 

Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 

Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 

Don’t restart the computer. 

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers 

Install the display driver 

It should work fine.. 

Solution 2

It might be a cable issue..  Remove all the cables from monitor.  Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.  Connect all the cables back. Try to turn on the monitor.  Connect the monitor to computer and check. If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.   Try to connect it back and check.  If possible try to use an alternative cable and check.  

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.  Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.  Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check.  

On the monitor – use the control buttons.  There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.  Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check or Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• timothywgray
    Options

The black lines show up over the ACER logo when the monitor goes through its power cycle. It also covers up the NO SIGNAL message that is displayed in text mode. So, this has nothing to do with the PC hardware or software, so I presume it is nothing to do with the PC itself.

Is the monitor just damaged, and should I just consider replacing it?

• William_mk2
    Options

@timothywgray

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check or Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Turn off the computer.  Tap f2 ( f2 for laptop , del for desktop ) while turning on the computer.  It will go to bios.  Please stay on the bios screen for 30 mins.  If the display is looking good on bios then it is a software issue.  If the display is not looking good on the bios screen then it is a hardware issue.  

If it is a hardware issue....

If your device is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.   Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - click on "contact support". Scroll down. You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or consider replacing it.

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - Click on "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.  There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store: Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

If the lines are showing up on the Acer logo when you first turn the monitor the problem is hardware in the monitor. If you are in warranty start a repair ticket with Acer and let them fix it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.