TravelMate P614-51-G2 USB-C monitor disconnects

jandanek
jandanek Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

hi please help I have a TravelMate P614-51-G2 laptop and bought a 27" Dell S2722DZ monitor.

The problem is that when I connect the monitor via usb-c, the image is shown on the monitor for a few seconds. Then it flashes back to the laptop and in a few seconds back to the monitor. That's what he does all the time. It beeps as if connecting and disconnecting the device.

it doesn't work with another laptop. I also tried the latest intel graphics drivers. I have Windows 11 22H2. it did it in another version too.

BIOS latest 1.21.

what should I do with it please?

Thank you

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

>>>it doesn't work with another laptop.>>>

If the Dell monitor doesn't work with another laptop, then the Dell monitor might have a problem.

Jack E/NJ

• jandanek

Tinkerer

sorry, I wrote it wrong.

everything is fine with another laptop.

• JackE

Are you trying to use the Dell's HDMI video input port?

Jack E/NJ

• jandanek

Tinkerer

HDMI works without a problem. it's alright.

via usb-c does not work, see video https://youtu.be/YWCdEwbezlg

moitor also supports PD charging

• JackE

>>>HDMI works without a problem. it's alright.>>>

Sorry. Not what I meant. What I meant to ask is, are you trying to use a USBC-to-HDMI connection? Because the USBC port only supports alternate mode displayport signal output. Not HDMI signal output.

Jack E/NJ

• jandanek

Tinkerer

I connected the cable in the usb-c monitor and in the usb-c laptop. I wanted it to transmit the image and charge it as well.

Sometimes the image worked for 5 minutes and then started to flicker, like in the video.

I don't have a usb-c to hdmi cable

• JackE

>>>>I connected the cable in the usb-c monitor and in the usb-c laptop.>>>>

What cable are you using to connect the TravelMate to the Dell monitor? Is there a label on it? Where did you get the cable?

Jack E/NJ

• jandanek

Tinkerer

the cable was originally included with the monitor.

it has FF1M3-HA20-1BQ TYPE C GEN1 5A on it

Tried it with 3 other laptops and it works on all of them.

Only Acer Travelmate does not work.

• Have you enabled thunderbolt in bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jandanek

Tinkerer

it seems not. I will try. Thank you.

• jandanek

Tinkerer

it didn't help at all, the monitor still doesn't work as it should. It's a little better. The image stays lit for a minute, but then turns off again.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Check in the power options to see if it's turning the port off to save power. Does it act differently with AC connected or on battery?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jandanek

Tinkerer

This monitor is currently charging via USB-C. I can try plugging in the AC adapter and see what the laptop does. I took it as an advantage that I will charge and transfer the image with one usb-c port.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Yes, try with the AC adapter to see if it makes a difference. Dell doesn't provide specs on their power delivery circuit, so I can't tell what voltage it gives, only the 65W. You need either 15V or 19-20V at 65W for charging, but it shouldn't interrupt data transfer when the charging circuit is doing it's thing.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jandanek

Tinkerer

You're right, with power via the adapter, the monitor works normally via USB-C.

The Dell monitor has a PD power supply of up to 65w, the laptop 45w, that shouldn't be a problem.

How can I solve the problem please?

Thank you

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jandanek

Tinkerer

I have the driver and software up to date. I tried ubuntu and everything works great there.

• Have you tried lowering the refresh rate?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE

>>>power via the adapter, the monitor works normally via USB-C>>>

>>>I tried ubuntu and everything works great there.>>>

If it was mine, I'd be careful about trying to power the Dell in ubuntu without its AC adapter. Windows usually has better laptop power mgt including overload safeguards than ubuntu. Ubuntu may be allowing the Dell to draw too many amps from the port without the AC adapter. Windows may be trying to protect the port by disconnecting it with no adapter.

Jack E/NJ