A515 55g Ants went inside laptop and speaker stopped. Is it safe to remove the bottom and clean?

Options
Afdhal
Afdhal Member Posts: 74 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2022 in Linux

So basically ants went and hatched eggs and feces all up in my laptop vent and they keep coming out of the ethernet cable slot plus the vents etc,plus the feces that keep falling out.All in all the source where the ants came from have been cleared but regarding the laptop everything works fine except for the speaker which has an annoying crackling sound which i cant seeem to get rid of.The crackling starts at even 30 percent of volume increase,i have to use headphones all the time to hear comfortably.SO my question is can I or is it safe to unscrew the bottom of the laptop lid and clean the remaining ants with a brush and potentially make the speaker clear or has ants eaten some wires and screwed it up.I fear it would cause more harm than good and better take it to a technician.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.btw my laptop is Acer A515 55g 10th gen

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Afdhal
    Options

im soo sorry guys i ppsted this in the software section soo sorry guys..

• Afdhal
    edited October 2022
    Options

@Acer-Blayn@Acer-Blayn@Acer-Blayn Hi could you please help me in taking down this specific post please.Thankyou so much.

• StevenGen
    Options

YES, its safe but and also, wear an anti-static wrist band to reduce any potential of static doing any damage to your laptop's circuitries, also, disconnect the main battery first before you do anything or disconnect anything. With ants, you need to inspect every aspect/component of your laptops internal spaces and make sure that you have cleaned it out. Its also advisable to have your laptop stored away from future threat of ants etc nesting inside your laptop by using the Acer provided pouch that the laptop came with.

To disassemble, remove eleven (11) screws from the base cover, then carefully pry up the base cover starting from the bottom side to release the latches. Then continue releasing the remaining latches on the left and right sides and then grasp and remove the base cover from the system

If the speaker is damaged, thi is the Acer listed speaker for the A515-55G