My Acer Nitro XV273K is stuck in 144 Hz mode. How do I fix it?

Options
Quartz
Quartz Member Posts: 2 New User

My Acer Nitro XV273K (possibly part no UM.HX3AA.P02 but mine may have been one of the very first) is stuck in 144 Hz mode. If I go into the OSD settings and try to change it or even rest on the setting for more than a few seconds, the screen just blanks and resets and the OSD disappears. I am unable to find the firmware version.

For those who are unaware, the XV273 gets to 144 Hz by using both DP cables at the same time.

My monitor currently has a USB connection and two Displayport cables attached from different PCs. One of the cables is fibre-optic.

I downloaded the Acer display widget but it does not appear to help, though it does read the serial number. I'm using Windows 10, 64 bit. Fully updated.

How do I fix it?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Yeah, when the monitor sees two DP connections, it assume you are using the 144Hz mode. Just use a KVM to split the two systems so you only have one DP connected to the monitor.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Quartz
    Quartz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The problem seems to have resolved itself. How I don't know, but the monitor is now in 120 Hz mode.