Is it possible to upgrade the power supply on an acer tc-1760-ua92

deboy2014
deboy2014 Member Posts: 2 New User

I recently bought this pc for gaming, and it works fine for some games, but I did not realize that it didn't have a dedicated GPU, I looked around and found out that I also need to upgrade the power supply as it is only 300W. I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to these aspects of computers but I don't want to end up getting the wrong one.

Best Answer

• deboy2014
    Answer âś“

I found a decent gpu for my needs which doesn't require external power (gtx 1650). At the moment it does what i need it to do so i guess il wait until ATX12VO psu's become more common.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer

Hello!!

@deboy2014,

Below is the specs of Power Supply Unit tested under Aspire TC-1760.

NOTE: Technically speaking you can upgrade the PSU matching up to 450W to 600W, considering the chassis size.

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

It's not obvious in the description that Acer provides there, but the "SINGLE-RAIL" points to the PSUs being ATX12VO, not the older ATX or ATX12V types. There are very few third party supplies in the 12VO style. The 12VO only provide 12V DC to the motherboard, using a 6 pin connector and a 4 pin connector, not the 24 pin used on the older types. So are going to have to jump through hoops to put a bigger supply in there. Check out the various threads in the gaming sections here for more info.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vinny123
    Vinny123 Member Posts: 1 New User

I believe that the PSU is a TFX model. There are some over 300w but they are expensive. I don't think an ATX will fit the Acer case.

The  TC-1760-UA92 is a terrible choice for gaming.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Yes, the some of Aspire TC-1760 models use the smaller form factor ATX12VO supply, some use the larger form factor. They designed the cases to fit either with small mods during assembly and build to match what stock they have. They've done that with several of the newer consumer machines. They really aren't designed as a gaming rig.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • deboy2014
    Answer âś“

I found a decent gpu for my needs which doesn't require external power (gtx 1650). At the moment it does what i need it to do so i guess il wait until ATX12VO psu's become more common.