SF314-42 Fingerprint Driver doesn't work with Windows 11

Options
SomeRandomUser151
SomeRandomUser151 Member Posts: 1 New User

On my SF314-42, on Windows 11 22H2, the fingerprint driver won't work. It won't recognize my finger when I'm trying to sign in, forcing me to have to use the pin all the time. Do you have anything you think I should do?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>Do you have anything you think I should do?>>>

Yes, you should now wait at least until the Acer Win11 driver updates are posted in this link. While your laptop is certified to run Win11, there may be a few issues like this that should be resolved with either a future Acer or a regular Microsoft Win11 driver update. Like the rest of us Acer users, you'll just have to keep checking for updates as we users have no way of predicting when they will be posted or applied. Meanwhile, if Device Manager is showing any red or yellow warnings, you can download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can detect and pick up any better drivers online to resolve some of these Win11 issues.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=SF314-42&filter=global_download&suggest=sf314-4;1

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Show us the relevant area of Device Manager for your fingerprint sensor.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.