Predator Triton 300 PT315-51GPU Fan Not Spinning

Options
Lotuss
Lotuss Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops

A few days ago, my laptop experienced grinding noises and when I look at the fans, one wasn't spinning.

I seem to resolve it by cleaning the fans.

It then happened again the next day and I seem to temporarily resolve the issue by slowly spinning the fan before I boot it up.

Today, the method I use no longer works.

The CPU fan spins smoothly while the GPU fan on the other hand, feels a little hard to spin.

I took out the fan to inspect it but nothing seems to be blocking it.

I researched online and the problem is most likely the bearings and other say it needs lubrication.

Though, the opinions on lubricating your fan is mixed.

Do I need a lubricant or a replacement for the fan?

If it's going to be a replacement, does anybody know the part identification for the GPU fan?

My warranty expired a year ago.

Specs:

Processor: i5-9300h

Graphics: GTX 1650

RAM: 4GB, but I replaced it with an 8GB RAM

Monitor: 1920x1080 16:9 IPS @ 60 Hz

I do not know the identification for the laptop, so I hope the specs can provide it

Thank you

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,580 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The PT315-51 fan is only listed as integrated part of the thermal module , part no. 24.Q6DN2.001. The GPU fan itself might be compatible with the PT315-52 fan part no. 23.Q7CN2.001 but not guaranteed.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited October 2022
    Options

>>>I took out the fan to inspect it>>>

The fan is a generic 5vdc. So best to replace. Ligthweight lubes are only temporary fixes that only temporarily mask bearing failure. The fan should be widely available for less than about $20usd. It should have an specifications identification label on the blade hub or sides so you can find a vendor who ships to your location by google searching the specs.

If not labelled, what is your full Triton 300 series model number? There are several Triton 300 models For example, PT315-53? If you don't know, press WIN+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. The model number should be revealed in the right pane.

Jack E/NJ

• stash724
    stash724 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

can you tell me model no. for gpu fan for acer predator titron PT315-52 (and also mention cpu fan model no.). If possible share a link through I can buy gpu fan.

• JackE
    Options

stash724

Google search part no. 23.Q7CN2.001 for GPU fan. Or 23.Q8FN2.001 for CPU fan.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

The PT315-51 fan is only listed as integrated part of the thermal module , part no. 24.Q6DN2.001. The GPU fan itself might be compatible with the PT315-52 fan part no. 23.Q7CN2.001 but not guaranteed.

Jack E/NJ