No External Boot Devices Acer Aspire A114-31

GCC2022
GCC2022 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2022 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

Hi, I have the Acer Aspire A114-31 (N17Q4) which has run out of disk space. I decided to clean up by re-installing the factory settings from the Recovery partition. The process failed because there wasn’t enough free disk space to complete the task. I then took the stupid approach of deleting too many files so the system now won’t even boot up.

I want to attempt to re-install windows from DVD or USB but there’s no bootable devices or ports available other than the hard drive.

the Bios version is 1.09 and I have turned off secure boot but that made no difference.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to boot from USB or external DVD ?

thanks very much

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Você pode informar se o seu modelo veio com um emmc?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GCC2022

Tinkerer

Thank you for your reply

there is no eMMC

• Can you send a picture of the bios info tab?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GCC2022

Tinkerer

edited October 2022

Bios info tab details - thanks

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• This model comes with an emmc of only 32gb. I suggest you check if your model has a slot to install a hard drive or an ssd:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GCC2022

Tinkerer

Thank you all for your help. It is sorted now, thanks again

• How did you solve the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GCC2022

Tinkerer

After a few attempts I managed to reinstall windows using the recovery partition. The process failed at 54% but on the fifth attempt it worked !