I bought my nitro 5 AN515-55 screen black band at bottom growing every day

tarak525
tarak525 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2022 in Monitors

After 6 months I bought my nitro 5 AN515-55, windows 10 64bit I can not display in 144Hz all screen is black, I changed to 60Hz and its OK, but now after a year and a half a black band at the bottom of the screen appears its 8mm wide and it is growing day after day, in boot its the same problem,with 144Hz I have completely black screen and with 60Hz its going worse. when connected to TV I got hole screen good display no problem. I have all drivers updated I uninstalled and installed but the problem is the same. please help me. they haven't accepted the warranty here the seller sad its your problem its the anarchy here!!

[Edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• FuryUA
    FuryUA Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Try to install the old nvidia driver, in the latest version everyone has problems. Delete it via DDU

• tarak525

Tinkerer

edited October 2022

Thanks FuryUA, I did what you said I uninstalled with DDU I installed the oldest driver I found (511.65 of 1-2-2022) for my Geforce GTX 1660 Ti

but the problem persist the screen is black at the bottom in 60Hz and completely black in 144Hz.

• @tarak525

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue..  Turn off the computer.  Tap f2 while turning on the computer.  It will go to bios.  Please stay on the bios screen for 30 mins.  If the display is looking good on bios then it is a software issue.  If the display is not looking good on the bios screen then it is a hardware issue.  

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.   Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - click on "contact support". Scroll down. You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - Click on "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.  There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store: Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

If it is a software issue try the following the steps..

Try windows x 

go to device manager 

expand display adapter

right click on display driver - uninstall 

Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 

Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 

Don’t restart the computer. 

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers 

Install the display driver 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working and if the display is looking good in bios..

Sometimes a simple system restore will fix the issue.. 

Try windows x

click on power shell admin or command prompt admin 

type rstrui

chose an earlier date on which your computer was working fine  

click on next, finish, yes

It will restore your computer to an earlier date 

if you get an message - system restore not completed - click on close 

It will show you all the icons..

Try and check whether it is working now ..

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

First, what is the full model number, it should be AN515-55-xxxx. Some SKUs have the 144Hz screens, some only support 60Hz. All support the higher frequencies on the HDMI port, just not all on the internal display. Next, boot into the BIOS and look at the screen, do you still get the black band? If so we know it's hardware and not the drivers, if the band isn't visible in the BIOS then we know it's something in Windows causing it. That might the driver or only settings...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tarak525

Tinkerer

Hi William_mk2

in bios the display is also not good, black screen just 1mm white line in the top.

restore doesn't change anything.

uninstall and install display drivers doesn't do anything.

when I came back to windows after trying the display in bios, the screen was good but for just 5mn. after that I have the black

band at the bottom again.

I think it is hardware issue.

the seller here in saudi arabia didn't accept to change or repair my computer and was in warranty, now it is out of warranty

• tarak525

Tinkerer

Yes billsey my model is AN515-55-75LX it supports 144Hz. but firstly the screen can not display in 144Hz it is flicking and finally completely black.

I changed to 60Hz it was ok but now I have 1cm black band at bottom and it is worse and worse. I opened the laptop I verified both screen 40pin connections

but nothing happens. I just want to be sure that is a hardware problem and the screen is not good, to buy an other one because here the return and warranty is

not good...

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

If the BIOS is showing that, it's a hardware problem.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,939 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022

I've got an AN515-56 with the 144Hz HD refresh rate screen, these are all the appropriate settings that this refresher rate should be and what your AN515-55 at System > Display > Advanced display should look like.

The problem that you might have is that the AN515-55s "LCD EDP CABLE FOR 120 & 144HZ par #: 50.Q7KN2.012" is either damaged (due to this cable being under continual bending back and forth, when the laptop is open and closed) as that wears this cable out and this cable is faulty and needs replacing, also, you need to check if this cable plugs at the screen/mobo have not come lose or these plugs data pins (or even the 3.3v cables are broken/shorted that runs the data is faulty) as the 19V is only for the backlight of your screen, which seems to work properly. As all these factors could be the cause of your 144Hz HD refresher rate not working. This entails you to open the laptop and check all these factors out, which needs expertise and the proper tools and a microscope and soldering tools to fix, otherwise you need to replace appropriate parts. Good luck and hope this helps you out some.

• sanplawur
    sanplawur Member Posts: 1 New User

Got any updates? I have the same exact problem.. same exact laptop too :(

• tarak525

Tinkerer

No but now I can see nothing on the screen. I must change the screen and I cant find it here.

acer bad brand . I have Toshiba laptop now 15 years and it is working till now!!

l working properly just the battery