Predator G3610 PCI Device Drivers is not connected to GXT 11 Gamepad for PC & PS2

Options
Hoovs
Hoovs Member Posts: 10 New User
edited October 2022 in Predator Desktops

Hi i'm trying to plug in a "GXT 11 Gamepad for PC & PS2" into my Predator G3610

but it doesn't install the drivers (see image)

i contacted their support and they told me:

"A driver is not needed for this gamepad. The support is built-into Windows.

Windows should recognize the gamepad and install the built-in Windows driver.

- Downloading and install the latest USB drivers from the computer manufacturer's website. 

- Unplug the receiver and restart the system. 

- When Windows is fully started, connect the receiver directly to the USB port without using a HUB or an extension cable. 

- Check in the Device Manager if the product is correctly installed or if there is any error message (visible by the yellow exclamation mark) reported, especially in the USB or Imaging sections. "

could anyone point me towards the correct drivers please.

Answers

• Hoovs
    edited October 2022
    Options

I forgot to mention it's windows 7

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options

Please post a screenshot of Device Manager as it first opens. Don't expand any folders.

Jack E/NJ

• Hoovs
    Options

here you go.

• JackE
    edited October 2022
    Options

>>>I forgot to mention it's windows 7>>>

OK. This doesn't look like ACER factory Win7. Does this machine still have its original unwiped boot drive? Is this with the GamePad plugged in?

Jack E/NJ

• Hoovs
    Options

i am uncertain about boot drive but i did use the 3 factory reset discs that came with the PC about 12 months ago.

and yes this is with the gamepad plugged in.

• JackE
    Options

When you unplug the gamepad, does the other device yellow warnings disappear in Device Manager?

Jack E/NJ

• Hoovs
    Options

this was the only change in the device manager that i could find when i plugged/unplugged the device

• JackE
    Options

Looks like the gamepad is recognized fine. So we have to try to find compatible drivers for the yellow warning bus hardware. First try downloading & installing iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can detect the buses and find compatible drivers on-line that will remove their yellow warnings.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you also tell us the idhardware of these devices?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Hoovs
    edited October 2022
    Options

regarding iobit's DriverBooster freeware it says this

following those steps just leads to the same results as the top post image.

and regarding egydiocoelho question i don't know what idhardware means or how to look that up.

• JackE
    edited October 2022
    Options

This suggests Win7 is not the original factory-installed version. Was Win7 ever re-installed using the Microsoft generic Win7 version? As for the IDs just click on and expand the yellow warning subfolders

Jack E/NJ

• Hoovs
    Options

windows 7 was re-installed last year using the recovery disks that came with the original device

and i think these are then the hardware id's

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

I don't think it's a problem with the Windows 7 version, it's more likely that the drivers aren't supported in Windows 7. They were likely written for Windows 10. Driver Identifier seems to have W7 versions though.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options

>>>windows 7 was re-installed last year using the recovery disks that came with the original device>>>

The Predator G3610 is a Win7 era machine. The recovery disks are probably not ACER-specific unless labelled with a product code with the characters OEM. Try this, Open the elevated administrative command prompt. Enter 'wmic os get serialnumber' Please post screenshot of result if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• Hoovs
    Options

Here you go

• JackE
    Options

>>>the recovery disks that came with the original device>>>

Are these discs labelled with the same code? Or do they have a factory product label?

Jack E/NJ

• Hoovs
    Options

upon second inspection the disks are only marked 1, 2, 3 & 4

looking further in the box where we keep them i found this

so i'm assuming we followed the step and made those discs ourselves.

• JackE
    Options

>>>>>>windows 7 was re-installed last year using the recovery disks that came with the original device>>>

>>>i'm assuming we followed the step and made those discs ourselves.>>>

OK. If the discs were still fully read-able with no skipped installation steps due to unread-able sectors, all the correct drivers should've been installed with no Device Manager yellow warnings. That's a big if because user-writeable discs, even write-once, are notoriously unstable.

You could try to re-install by trying to boot from the home-made discs. Or if the hidden OEM recovery partition on the original boot drive is still intact, you could try to re-install using the ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Have you tried updating the drivers with driverbooster too?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options

Yes, he tried that earlier and the yellow warnings remain.

Jack E/NJ