Why does my Acer Nitro 5 s AN515-57-50AGkeep on glitching?

Options
GinmerJay
GinmerJay Member Posts: 6 New User
edited October 2022 in Monitors

I bought this model probably about a month ago. After I bought it home and update some of the drivers, it was good. However, days past I noticed that whenever I play a video in YouTube or in Facebook, the colors kinda misaligned and sometimes, my screen glitch.

here's the video:

I already did the re-installing of display drivers but it still persists. Sometimes the glitching stops whenever I restart my laptop but, it is so inconvenient to always restart the laptop especially when I am in meeting and this problem occur. Do I need to seek professional tech help or I can fix it on my own? Somebody pls help. TY :)

[Edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>After I bought it home and update some of the drivers,>>>

What driver updates? Generic nvidia driver updates? Or ACER nvidia driver updates designed for your proprietary ACER mainboard?

Jack E/NJ

• GinmerJay
    edited October 2022
    Options

I don't actually know, I just saw it on my "Check updates" on my windows settings then update it. I'm not that tech savvy, sorry. I just know that my installed driver under the display adapters is "Intel (R) UHD Graphics. I don't know if it is the compatible.

• JackE
    Options

What's the full Nitro 5 series model number? For example, AN515-57?

Jack E/NJ

• GinmerJay
    Options

Sorry for the late respond. It's AN515-57-50AG

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Does this issue also occur when connecting an external monitor? No wonder Acer has released several fixes for the display through a bios update:

I suggest you first try to update the drivers on the intel and nvidia website. If the issue continues to occur, update the bios to the latest version.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options

>>>Sorry for the late respond. It's AN515-57-50AG>>>

Press WIN+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. Please post screenshot of result if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• GinmerJay
    Options

Here ya go.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you tell the display idhardware?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options

OK. Open msinfo32 again. Expand components folder. Click display subfolder. Note what type of nvidia name & number is in the right pane. Then go to this driver download page, Then download, unzip and install only the Sept 05, 2022 VGA driver updates for your nvidia and intel GPUs.

Jack E/NJ

• GinmerJay
    Options

Finished. I already installed and unzipped the file. What should I do next?

• JackE
    Options

Look for a setup.exe file in the unzipped folder. Then double-click on it to install.

Jack E/NJ

• GinmerJay
    Options

I installed it. It should solve the problem right? Or is there another step?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options

>>>I installed it. It should solve the problem right? Or is there another step?>>>

Yes. You should've installed two VGA updates from the Acer download site. . One for the Intel. One for the nvidia. Then after sintalling those, there's still one more step. See if they fix the glitch. 🙂 If they do, you're done.

Jack E/NJ