My Acer Aspire xc1760 DESKTOP came with parts to install optical drive .

Options
BVW
BVW Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I have now purchased from you a drive KO 0080D.19 Can you send me a link to show how to fit this drive . S.N.I.D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Serial Number DTBHWEK00Cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks

brian xxxxxxxxxxx

[Edited comment to delete personal and sensitive information]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,386 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here you go:

Let me know if you need more than that...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here you go:

Let me know if you need more than that...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BVW
    Options

Fantastic Looked everywhere, utube etc etc with no luck. You have gotten me out of trouble. with clear pics.

Very many thanks

Brian W

• BVW
    Options

Good morning

Still awaiting confirmation of my request to confirm connection of cables to PCB

Thanks

Brian

• billsey
    Options

Here is the motherboard layout for your Aspire XC-1760:

The SATA data ports are #7, the power ports are #6. Typically they ship with a cable in one of the power ports with connectors for two SATA devices. You have to purchase an additional cable when you go past two devices. If you have no cables in either #6 then the Acer part number for one of the cables is 50.VQED3.001. Several of the users here have had luck finding compatible cables from venues like eBay.

• BVW
    Options

Excellent thanks for info. It is now up and running.

Brian

• billsey
    Options

Great, congratulations! :)

• Jesssssssss1
    Jesssssssss1 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hello, I have recently purchased an acer aspire xc 1760. I want to install a cd/dvd drive as it doesn't come with one, but comes with all the parts I am having no luck finding the right part online can anyone help to and send me the link to where I can buy the correct part from, thanks.

• billsey
    Options

You can use pretty much any slimline DVD drive, no need for the one that Acer ships with some versions.