Secure boot is enabled in BIOS but its shown as off in system information.how do I turn it on?nitro5

Options
NOORR
NOORR Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2022 in Windows 11

SOME PROGRAMS AND GAMES WON'T OPEN BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM THAT I FACED AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 11

IM USING AN ACER NITRO 5/ INTEL CORE i7 8th gen

[Edited the title to add model name ]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, it's the Custom Secure Boot Mode that's triggering it. In the Security tab of the BIOS you can Restore Secure Boot to Factory Default to get System Information to show the right settings. I assume at some point you added an .efi file as trusted? Typically we see that after a Linux install or some other OS test.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options

@NOORR

If you have updated the windows to windows 11 you can always revert back to previous windows within 10 days

type reset on search

click on reset this pc

You will see an option to go back . It will help you to get back to previous windows.

Check whether the programs and games are working now.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    Options

Which Nitro 5 model do you have? It should be something like AN5xx-xxx-xxxx and the number should be on the same sticker as your serial number. Take pictures to show us the BIOS settings for Secure Boot and the relevant portion of System Information. Have you added an EFI file as trusted in the BIOS?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • NOORR

Tinkerer

edited October 2022
    Options

It’s a Nitro AN515-52

and I wish to stay on windows 11 and fix this proble’

I didn’t add anything because I don't know much about computers 😅

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, it's the Custom Secure Boot Mode that's triggering it. In the Security tab of the BIOS you can Restore Secure Boot to Factory Default to get System Information to show the right settings. I assume at some point you added an .efi file as trusted? Typically we see that after a Linux install or some other OS test.

• NOORR

Tinkerer

Options

I bought this pc second hand, nah honestly I don’t know what an efi file is and for some reason it won’t allow me to restore secure mode to factory or change secure boot settings 🥲

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Create a password in setsupervisorpassword and then disable secureboot. Press f10 to save and exit. Then access the bios again and enable secureboot. Then make sure windows recognizes that secureboot is enabled.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NOORR

Tinkerer

Options

Thank you so much, I was able to change secure mode to standard and it worked!!! ☺️☺️

• billsey
    Options

Sweet! Good job with getting it back to right...

• kelper
    kelper Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

And finally, remember to disable the password you set in BIOS/UEFI settings just in case you have forgotten it when you next need to edit BIOS/UEFI settings!

• billsey
    Options

Yes, that is really important!

• billsey
    Options

The BIOS user interface is different on different computers. That's where you typically have those settings, if available.