Acer Aspire A315-1. Why is my laptop doing this, does it for several seconds then Turn off

webrik33
webrik33 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2022 in Windows 10

Acer Aspire A315-1. 64 Bit. Windows 10 Home.

Does this at random. 99% of the time I am on Internet. It is animated, does it for several seconds then shuts off

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

We need the rest of the model number to give you a good answer, it should be something like A315-xxx-xxxx and is usually on the same sticker as the serial number. That looks more like a driver problem than anything else. Try a full reinstall of the graphics drivers before anything. Obviously in the process of crashing at that point.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677

Hi @webrik33

Try to do a BIOS reset to check if that makes any difference.

How do I reset my BIOS/UEFI to default settings?

1. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, or until your system shuts completely down.
    2. Power on the system.
    3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• webrik33

I recently checked all the Drivers in Manage Computer. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Graphics and Audio Drivers.

I see no place where I can do a BIOS reset.

This happens at least once a day.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

You do a BIOS reset in the BIOS. Since we still don't know what computer you have I can't give detailed instructions. You typically enter the BIOS early in the boot process by hitting a DEL, or F1 or F2 or ESC key. Once in the BIOS you usually do an F9 to reset to factory, followed by a F10 to save and exit.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • webrik33
    edited December 2022

Aspire 3 A315-51

Model #N17Q1

Serial #NXGNPAA01XXXX

I'm on the internet every time that it happens.

I don't see anything in the Error Log after it crashes and reboots

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information]

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

<< I see no place where I can do a BIOS reset. >>

To reset the BIOS, turn off the machine. Then press the power button and immediately after that press F2 quickly for several times. When the Acer logo is showing, it is already too late. Then try again. If you entered the BIOS, press F9 to load factory defaults and then press F10 to save and exit.

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder

@webrik33 Is this happening on that one specific browser? Can you try installing any other browswer and checking if the issue occurs.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045