acer predator ph315-54 can't find usb drive to install windows

Options
vanderoy
vanderoy Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

hello i have an acer predator ph315-54 , i've read some topics in the forum, ctrl+s to change hard drive, can't find USB drive after pressing f12, could anyone help please? thanks

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,755 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Could you please explain more what you want to do, are you trying to boot with a bootable USB disk? If so, which method you used to prepare the USB stick, could you also post the picture of Disk management while the USB stick connected.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Also, the usb stick needs to be formatted in fat32 and converted to gpt.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vanderoy

Tinkerer

Options

i am trying to install windows on the new laptop with an USB stick, I've noticed that is NTFS formatted, maybe that is the problem.

• vanderoy

Tinkerer

Options

could you please tell me how to do that please? thanks

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

OK! Can you explain better what is happening? This computer comes with a hidden partition, which you can reinstall by pressing alt f10 before the acer logo. When trying to install windows using a microsoft iso, this partition will be removed. So, if you still intend to install windows using a microsoft iso, I advise you to first backup the operating system provided by acer:

Then you can reinstall the windows provided by acer.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    Options

How did you prepare your bootable USB flash drive? The easyest way to do that is to create a bootable USB with the Windows Media Creation Tool.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/

• vanderoy

Tinkerer

Options

the laptop doesn't have windows pre installed, only efi shell, I have a USB pen drive with windows 10 to make a "fresh" install.

• vanderoy

Tinkerer

Options

I have made it a long time ago with a tool that made the USB pen bootable, and copied the windows iso to it, it worked on my desktop, I am going to download this tool to prepare it as you say. thank you

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,755 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vanderoy

Tinkerer

Options

thank you all mates, used rufus to set up my windows usb drive, you were life savers, wish you all the best! I have OS now :)