KA242Y horizontal lines...

Options
DJMikoss
DJMikoss Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I bought a KA242Y monitor in August 2020, and have been using it daily. It developed a horizontal line after about 6 months of use. There are now more than a dozen visible horizontal lines on the screen. They appear as blue/dark blue/black/green depending on what colour is displayed on the screen.

For example, on a white background, they are dimly visible as light purple/blue.

On a blue background, some show up as green lines, others as dark purple, others as lighter blue/green colours.

The text is also distorted where these bands go across the screen.

I am ***** off because I purchased this monitor from Walmart Canada and purchased the Walmart Protection Plan extended warranty for 2 years. They are refusing to service/replace the monitor because it is still covered under Acers 3 year warranty, but Acer wants me to ship this monitor off at my cost to get it repaired. Please tell me there is a better way... this is ridiculous.

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @DJMikoss

You can try to disconnect the monitor including the power, HDMI and need to take it out separately. After that you can try to press and hold down the power button for 20 secs. After that you can connect it back try to turn it on. Hope it works. If not then you can try to reinstall the display adapters to check if that makes any difference.

NOTE: Make sure to reboot the computer after uninstalling the driver.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• DJMikoss
    DJMikoss Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for the suggestion... I tried this, and the monitor is still displaying the colored lines all over the place. Tried using other sources as well and it still has the horizontal lines across the display.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options

Do the artifacts show up on the Acer splash screen when you first turn it on?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.