Should I upgrade my Intel UHD graphics Predator Helios 300

Options
pete28
pete28 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2022 in Predator Laptops

I have a Predator Helios 300 laptop running RTX3060 and when I go to the Intel Driver and Support website, it shows that I have an update available for my Intel graphic card, but I am not entirely sure if I should upgrade because on the website itself says that it will overwrite the OEM customized driver. I am not sure if Acer has customized the Intel driver or not and would it be wise to upgrade? Any thoughts? Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, you can update, the Acer Intel drivers the same as Windows Update updates your graphics drivers, as Acer oem graphics drivers become obsolete and need to be upgraded as the Intel new driver are best for your laptop and OS. I've updated my Intel graphics all the time and never ever had any problems and/or reduction in graphics performance. Btw, install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant as that will notify you of all your Intel drivers that need updating and also notify you of all your other driver's needing an update also.

• pete28
    pete28 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you so much for responding. I appreciate it.

• Jameswalter
    Jameswalter Member Posts: 71 Troubleshooter
    Options

Replace the core i CPU which includes that graphics with another CPU including some other graphics. This is likely limited by what motherboard you have. E.g. you cannot install some AMD APU into a motherboard meant for Intel. So it could mean you need to upgrade most of your computer.

Install a dedicated graphics card into one of the PCIe slots of the motherboard. Then plug your screen into one of its ports instead of the one direct on the motherboard’s back panel. This way the CPU’s internal GPU is still there, just not used. This is likely the best performance you can get as most ded

Regards,

james