APreda300display goes off, battery light starts slowly blinking orange and then goes back to normal

Options
ddmdavid
ddmdavid Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2022 in Predator Laptops

So here it is what happened.

I have had an Acer Predator helios 300 series for more than 2 years and it has always worked fine.

I was working a few hours ago and then the screen went completely black (like it was turned off). When I checked the battery light, it was blinking orange every few seconds. I could not hear a single fan or any other noise. I tried to press the power button for a while, but nothing happened. Then the computer just went back to normal, exactly to where it was. The first time this happened it was on Ubuntu and the second was on windows (I use dual boot) all in the same day so I do not believe that it is a software problem.

Other problems that I have had, but just choose to ignore:

• Sometimes my charger cable disconnects and reconnects for a few seconds
  • My webcam in some days does not work whatsoever (on both linux and windows)

I have tried to look online for what this could be, but found nothing and I tried to update the BIOS, but it is already on its latest version.

[Edited the title to add model name ]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    • Do a hard reset of your laptop (disconnect the main and bios batteries and take the ram out reconnect them after 15min and reboot laptop) that happened to me with a brand new Nitro and it fixed the black screen and/or disconnection problems. As doing that, will rest the startup chip and bios chip as what those symptoms look like being, is that the 3.3v power circuitries section of your laptop, are either shortening out monetarily or your laptop is going to have a terminal problem there. the other problems of "Sometimes my charger cable disconnects and reconnects for a few seconds" is a DC port problem and the web cam, there could be a cable problem also with the cam (as the cable is like the eDP screen cable, which both are under allot of movement whenever you open and close the laptop, so check the web cam cable/plug if its not damaged and/or its pug is connected properly. Do and check all those aspects of your laptop and see if it solves your problems. all that as laptops are

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    • Do a hard reset of your laptop (disconnect the main and bios batteries and take the ram out reconnect them after 15min and reboot laptop) that happened to me with a brand new Nitro and it fixed the black screen and/or disconnection problems. As doing that, will rest the startup chip and bios chip as what those symptoms look like being, is that the 3.3v power circuitries section of your laptop, are either shortening out monetarily or your laptop is going to have a terminal problem there. the other problems of "Sometimes my charger cable disconnects and reconnects for a few seconds" is a DC port problem and the web cam, there could be a cable problem also with the cam (as the cable is like the eDP screen cable, which both are under allot of movement whenever you open and close the laptop, so check the web cam cable/plug if its not damaged and/or its pug is connected properly. Do and check all those aspects of your laptop and see if it solves your problems. all that as laptops are

• ddmdavid
    Options

I disconnected the battery and removed the RAM for 15 minutes now. I am not going to try to remove the BIOS battery, because I am a bit of a noob when it comes to dealing with hardware fixes and the last time I tried removing the BIOS battery I had to buy this PC. I saw how to remove the BIOS battery and in this model it seem fairly easy (unlike the previous computer where I had to fully disassemble the laptop), but I am not going to risk it for now as I have critical work to do in this week and I will only have another computer available in more than a week. After that I will try to remove the BIOS battery and see if it works. I will keep you updated.

Thanks for the answer!

• ddmdavid
    Options

Almost a week has passed. Apparently, disconnecting the battery and the RAM (not disconnecting the BIOS battery) was more than enough to solve the problem! Thank you so much

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

The problem is that to verify the problem of the webcam, it is necessary to disassemble the front part of the display. It's a lot of work. What is the exact model of computer? Example PH315-52. Maybe there is some video on youtube showing how to disassemble the display.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ddmdavid
    Options

The webcam works 90% of the time, and recently it has not failed whatsoever. I am not going to try to fix it unless it becomes worth the shot, but thanks for the tip!