acer aspire alpha It is a Switch SA12 power cuts then when turned back on, doesn't recognize battery

Options
JL3010
JL3010 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2022 in Switch Series

Hi, my acer aspire alpha switch 12 shuts off, the power cuts without a low battery warning . then I plug in the charger, wait a few minutes and turn it back on, the battery doesn't charge and the battery isn't recognized (x over the battery symbol). I have to go into the control panel , device manager and disable and re-enable the batteries AC adapter & ACPI compliant control method battery. Then the battery starts recharging again. Sometimes the battery will indicate 100% but it isn't at full charge. the computer will shut off then I have to redo the whole process (as stated above) again.

How can I solve this issue permanently?

Thanks for all your help!

[Edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

What is the exact model? Example SP712-74-5890.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

We have seen some Switch Alpha 12 systems that are starting to have battery failures. Not too unusual at this age. They were released in 2016 IIRC, so that puts the batteries at 6 years old...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JL3010
    JL3010 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It is a Switch SA5-271

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Have you checked the battery wear with the hwinfo64 program?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

The Acer part number for a replacement battery is KT.00204.003. There are a bunch of third party sellers who carry it though, and that will very likely be cheaper than the Acer specific vendors.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.