Acer sticker warns opening laptop voids warranty? - I want to upgrade my RAM ,Helios 300

Options
Shandala
Shandala Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2022 in Predator Laptops

I bought a RAM upgrade for my ACER Helios 300 laptop;

I went to open up the laptop to do this super simple self upgrade but there is a little acer sticker on the bottom of the laptop in the middle that warns that opening it up will void my Acer warranty!!!

Is this for real? Do I really have to go to an Acer center and pay them to pop in my new SODIMMS?

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry if this is a duplicate I searched on several terms first before posting.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Yes, if you remove the sticker carefully without breaking it, you can stick it back in original condition, otherwise you might void warranty, the warranty legal condition differs country to country, so I would suggest you contact Acer Support centre in your country and get a confirmation about upgrading memory, because they may simply tell you to go ahead and do the upgrade and keep the warranty intact.

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

• Shandala
    Shandala Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

So thanks but the "remove the sticker carefully" does not really answer my question.

My question wasn't "can i be sneaky and trick Acer into thinking i did not open up the laptop"

:)

• William_mk2
    Options

@Shandala

I understand that you would like to know whether removing the sticker will void the warranty.

It depends on the place where you live. It varies from region to region.

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.   Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - click on "contact support". Scroll down. You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept.  They will provide you more details regarding the warranty.

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - Click on "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.  There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store: Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    Options

@Shandala

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below. The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below. There is an option to "start your scan " and " select your computer " . Please chose the options and try it. It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide. We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options. You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.      

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• POWERFULLtm
    POWERFULLtm Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

you had to think before choosing the basic equipment, this is a capitalist trap. marketers deliberately supply the market with a product with an inoperable minimum amount of memory so that you, succumbing to the cheapness in the store, later realizing your mistake, voluntarily refused the guarantee in favor of an upgrade

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options

Better ask Acer to help you upgrade the RAM. They will send their technician and do it for you for free. You can even ask them to clean your PC and re-paste it.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

In other countries like Brazil and the United States, these devices are not coming with a guarantee seal. Users can upgrade the ram and ssd as long as they don't damage the notebook.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)