I bought a Acer n50-620 and i want to change the case. Is it possibile?

MissingDrift
MissingDrift Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Hi, i bought a Acer n50-620 and i want to change the case. Is it possibile? If yes with which one?

[Edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer

Yes, other users have reported that the Corsair iCue 220T RGB black case seemed to work well with little effort for the N50-6xx series. Looks good to me. But only if I was looking to change the perfectly functional factory case. Which I'm not. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,851 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022

The only problem with the N50-620 is that its got an Acer proprietary shape mobo that is nothing like an OEM mATX or an ATX shape and its very difficult to fit into a default case that caters for only the OEM mATX or ATX shapes mobo sizes. first measure the N50-620 size and get an appropriate size case, but you will have problems with the Acer mobo mounting points, so be aware of that.

Another solution is for you to get a standard sized mobo that is the same as the Acer N50-620's mobo which is a socket LGA 1200 cpu with the Intel B560 chipset and transfer the cpu/gpu/ram/hdd/m.2 and psu onto that new mobo then get an appropriate case, as buying any case and fitteing the N50-620 mobo into it, you will have to mod the mounting case points and you will lose the front panel features like::

1. Front panel USB3.2 Gen2 Type C connector,
    2. Front panel audio combo jack and the
    3. Front panel audio jack

This is the N50-620 mobo details

• MissingDrift
    MissingDrift Member Posts: 2 New User

@JackE the Coolermaster nr400 Is not compatible?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer

It should also work. Here's a link to a specifications comparision between the two cases.

https://pangoly.com/en/compare/case/cooler-master-masterbox-nr400-vs-corsair-icue-220t-rgb

Jack E/NJ