Acer SP314-21-R56W missing Window components

BonnieA
BonnieA Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, I downloaded the windows update, 11 22h2 on the 21st of Sept. 2022 and last week it started lagging. I uninstalled the update and then today, my laptop crashed, I had to force shut down and once I restarted It had a stuck circle like it was hesitating on rebooting. I waited for 10 min, then done a force shut down, then when the log in screen came up, all was normal but when I got to the home screen, the start menu will not open unless I right click but can only select one item. The magnifying glass, Microsoft store, calculator, photos, defender, game app will not open if I click on it.

I thought this would fix the first problem when the touch screen said bye bye in August, now this? I love this laptop. It is out of warranty now. I can't afford to pay extra to get it fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Best Answer

• BonnieA
    Answer ✓

Windows done an update today and corrected my issue. Thank you for trying to help me.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

That sounds as if the OS isn't able to write to your system drive. Try running chkdsk on C: (you will have to reboot and let it run offline) to clear any disk errors and try again.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BonnieA

This is what I got:

Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or

the disk may be locked by another process.

You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode

and make sure the disk is unlocked.

I then tried to do a safe boot, and then it would let me in but nothing showed up. I can tell you one thing; I notice I don't have Windows 11 anymore like I should. I think it reverted to Windows 8 maybe. This laptop had Windows 10 when I bought it.

Thank you for your help.

• BonnieA
    Answer ✓

Windows done an update today and corrected my issue. Thank you for trying to help me.