CPU upgrade? (M3450 desktop)

Vaskool1
Vaskool1 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hey so i wanted too know what is the best cpu i could upgrade too in the system i already replaced the cooler a while ago and replaced the psu with a 1000 watt cougar psu and was wondering what cpu i could upgrade too apparently there is like a cpu upgrade page or smthin but idk where it is so im asking you.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Here's what spec says: "AMD AM3 and FX series CPU (Max:95W) with AMD Turbo Core 2.0 Technology." There are a lot of processors that meet that spec though. Which are you thinking of?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vaskool1

Idk the best one that will work lol

• Vaskool1

Its the fx8120 model

• billsey

OK, took a bit of photo editing to get it, but here's the supported CPU list (obviously not updated to reflect your CPU), I think your FX-8120 is already pretty much at max:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vaskool1

Ok thanks do you think i could put in like a fx 8150?

• billsey

It looks like the FX-8150 is 125W, so at the least would require extra cooling.

• vasrank
    vasrank Member Posts: 4 New User

I have a 1000 watt psu put in it so if i were too throw in like a fx-8150 or a fx-8350 would it work

• vasrank
    vasrank Member Posts: 4 New User

This is my other acc