Why wont my PC turn onTC-780-ACKI3?

Options
Dwindling
Dwindling Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2022 in Windows 10

It won't turn on at all when I try to boot it up, no light, nothing except for a really soft "eeeee" sound possibly from the power supply. I usually turn it off by disconnecting the power cable from the pc, could it be that? Or is it something else?

( Edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

What PC are you talking about? Give us a model number as there are allot of reasons why you could be having these problems, is your PC a laptop, desktop AIO or what?

• Dwindling
    Options
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited September 2022
    Options

@Dwindling

I understand it is a Desktop computer.

It might also be the issue with surge protector or power outlet or even power cable.  Try to use the computer in a different room on a different power outlet. Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet.  Try to use an alternative power cable if possible.  

Please tap del continuously while turning on the computer.  It will go to bios.  On the info menu, please check whether you are able to see hdd info.  You can find the hdd model name and serial no. If you are able to see it that means hdd is detected.

Try these basic steps as you are using a Acer PC. 

Turn off the computer.

Unplug all the devices and cables including power cable. 

Press and hold the power button for 45 seconds. 

Connect all the cables back.  Please connect the power cable as the last one.  

Turn on the computer

Tap del 

Go to bios

press f9 - Load defaults - press yes

press f10 - save the changes - press yes

Computer should load the windows .. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• StevenGen
    Options

Also, and if the above doesn't work, check the psu, as that is the main component that provides the power to your desktop components and if its faulty you will get the symptoms that you are getting, Try to get another and the same type, look at the type of psu that you have and try to get another same type of psu. Otherwise, its the motherboard that has major problems that need diagnosing and/or replacing.

• Dwindling
    Options

I've attempted using a different power cable, and using a different outlet, and the pc doest turn on.

As I've stated, the pc will not turn on at all, no signs of anything.

• William_mk2
    Options

@Dwindling

It looks like a hardware issue. Please contact a local tech if it is out of warranty.

If your computer is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.   Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - click on "contact support". Scroll down. You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - Click on "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.  There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store: Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

It sounds as if the power supply has failed... :) Yours uses a standard ATX style power supply. Do you have another computer around you could borrow a supply from? That would at least verify it is the PSU and get you to the point where you just need to order a replacement...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.