Acer Helios 300 - Keyboard not working300 PH315-52-72SL

Aze007
Aze007 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited September 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hi guys, it's a Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-72SL

It was all good on Monday, then I have checked my laptop yesterday and when I have switched it on my keyboard was constantly pressing number 3.

Nothing else but "3". I couldn't press anything else it wouldn't type anything. Now I have reinstalled the windows and I can't type anything with my keyboard.

Nothing is working apart of Power buttom. I cant even go into UEFI. Keyboard lits up POWER button works but nothing else.

I have opened the back of it, disconnected the keyboard connected back on and still the same.

Any solution?

( Edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,276 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022

Its the actual keyboard, as keyboard software very rarely causes keyboards not to work, ypou need to replace the keyboard with the type and country part number, as there are many. Below are 2x examples for C Cover + KB US International - BL and C Cover + KB UK - BL. keyboards and their Acer part numbers. The best is to look for a sticker on the back of the C Cover + KB as there should be a specific part number there and to a web search to find out if your keyboard is available to be bought as keyboard or you need to buy the whole top cover.

• Jameswalter
    Jameswalter Member Posts: 71 Troubleshooter

Method 1: Restart Your Laptop.

Method 2: Change Your Settings.

Method 3: Use the Fn Key.

Method 4: Disable Filter Keys.

Method 5: Update the Keyboard Drivers.

Method 6: Pinhole Reset.

Method 7: Clean the Keyboard.

Method 8: Tighten Screws.

Regards,

James

• Have you checked if with an external usb keyboard, the same keys have problems? This video shows how to change the keyboard:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)