KA272 bi Drivers for MacBook Pro with a Sonnetch usb-c Splitter to HDMI connected to the monitors?

Thomster
Thomster Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2023 in Monitors

Im trying to use 2 KA272 bi monitors with a Macbook Pro (Monterey 12.6, Apple M1Max) with a Sonnetch usb-c Splitter to HDMI connected to the monitors

I keep getting an unresponsive program freeze (BBOD, bouncing beachball of death) when launching Adobe Premiere Pro video edit software. I was asked by Adobe to be sure I have Mac compatible Drivers installed, I haven't seen them on the site. Do they exist?

any help or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Tom

[Edited  the  thread  to add  issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

>>>I was asked by Adobe to be sure I have Mac compatible Drivers installed,>>>

Heh-heh. Another good pass-buck one from Adobe. Are you having any freeze problems loading any other other apps or programs?

Jack E/NJ

• SummerFrog
    SummerFrog Member Posts: 1 New User

I understand that you are facing an issue while trying to use two KA272 bi monitors with your Macbook Pro (Monterey 12.6, Apple M1Max) using a Sonnetch usb-c Splitter to HDMI connected to the monitors. You are experiencing an unresponsive program freeze (BBOD, bouncing beachball of death) when launching Adobe Premiere Pro video edit software. Fisrtly just read this guide about MacBook ( https://www.thenewsinsides.com/blog/macbook-12in-m7-review/ ).

To resolve this issue, Adobe has suggested that you ensure that you have Mac compatible drivers installed. However, you have not been able to find them on the site and are seeking help or suggestions.

Firstly, it's important to ensure that the USB-C splitter and the monitors are compatible with your Macbook Pro. If they are not, it could cause compatibility issues and lead to software freezes or crashes.

Regarding the drivers, I suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the monitors to see if they have Mac compatible drivers available. You can also check the Sonnetch website to see if there are any updated drivers available for your USB-C splitter that might resolve the issue.