My Acer laptop aspire 1 shows a blank screen when I switch it on but the blue light is on....please

Libhongolam
Libhongolam Member Posts: 3 New User

My Acer laptop aspire 1 shows a blank screen when I switch it on but the blue light is on....please help

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

Which Aspire 1 model do you have? There have been a bunch of different ones over the years. The model number should be on the same sticker as your serial number and look something like AOxxx-xxx-xxxx. Does your have a pinhole on the bottom for doing a battery reset?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Libhongolam
    Libhongolam Member Posts: 3 New User

Yes it has a pinhole

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677

Hi @Libhongolam

You can try to disconnect the laptop from the charger flip it upside down at the back side of the laptop there will be a tiny hole that has a battery symbol near that. You just have to press and hold it into that hole for 30 to 40 secs with a safety pin or a paper clip. Then you can try to turn it on.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

Actually you should follow the full procedure, not just the press and hold. When you release the button wait several minutes to make sure there's been enough time to bleed down all capacitors, then plug the charger only in and wait for the full battery indication, then and only then do you turn it back on.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.