Anyone know of any RAM that has a default clock of 3200MHZ or higher? for Predator P03-630-UA15

Options
crywolf826
crywolf826 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2022 in Predator Desktops

So I guess I just learned about JEDEC and XMP RAM today. Not sure why I bought some fancy, RGB 2x16GB Corsair RAM if it only runs at it's 3600 MHZ when XMP is enabled. Found out this Predator P03-630-UA15 does not support XMP. Well that was a waste. It's at 2133mhz now lol. Anyone know if that's slower than the stock memory installed on the PC? Anyone know of any RAM that has a default clock of 3200MHZ or higher? Anything higher than 2133??? lol

( Edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

The RAM buss should run at up to 3200MHz for DDR dimm modules. Kingston, Micron Crucial modules should run fine if following the RAM socket population rules.

Jack E/NJ

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi,

You could try this, run memory intensive program, like benchmark, while you run use CPU-z and check whether the speed of the modules reach 3200MHz or check in Task Manager(shown in my snip), if it doesn't overclock you have to get modules with JEDEC(links below)

Could you please post the details of your current modules, please post the pictures of Memory tab and SPD tab for all slots,

This will be compatible with your model:https://uk.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct16g4dfra32a/ct20864879

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Yeah, the PO3-630 (PO as in Predator Orion, not P0 as in Predator Zero) was the last of that line that didn't support XMP overclocking. Just return the XMP memory and get any of the JEDEC 3200 sticks shown above. The XMP memory usually has a base speed of 2133 or 2400, so drops everything on your system to that slower speed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • crywolf826
    crywolf826 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

I think my default RAM speed for my Kingston is 3200 MHZ. Apparently my current PC the 630 doesn't support XMP, therefore the speed stays at jedec default at 2133mhz. I might just buy Crucial 3200mhz.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

Sounds good to me. Good luck. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Please don't try to install this, it's a non-standard EFI file and could easily be malware. Disabling Secure Boot and installing this file gives it full access to your system before the OS loads.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.