How to open the disc drawAcer Aspire xc 330 and cannot work out how to open

Options
Discrot7
Discrot7 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I have recently purchased a second hand Acer Aspire xc 330 and cannot work out how to open the disc draw. Help please

( Edited the title to add the model name )

Best Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,439 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Does the DVD show in your device manager ?

Maybe your unit doesn't have a DVD/CD ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Some of those models had a DVD drive installed from the factory, some did not. The ones that do not have it do have the blank plate where it would normally go. That is what it sounds like you have.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Larryodie
    edited September 2022
    Options

Very hard to see the recessed button on the drawer. About 60% to the top.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/HK/content/model/DT.B9DCF.003

• StevenGen
    Options

Hey Discrot7, be a bit more precise in what you mean, as saying "Disk Draw" could mean the DVD/CD or the HDD? Which one is it? As the DVD/CD draw is a very simple push of a button, that is on the actual front of the DVD/CD front panel (see caption #3)

The HDD is mounted into a rack/chassis and hasn't got a draw and you need to dismantle the whole front part of the desktop like this:

1. Unscrew the 2x screws then slide the side panel toward the back of the chassis until the tabs on the side panel disengage with the slots on the chassis.
    2. Disconnect the data and power cables from the HDD module.
    3. Disconnect the HDD data cable from the mainboard. 
    4. Remove the 4x screws securing the HDD bracket to the chassis.
    5. Detach the HDD bracket from the chassis.
    6. Remove the four screws securing the HDD bracket to the HDD
    7. Detach the HDD bracket from the HDD. 
  • Discrot7
    Options

Thank you both for your answers. I mean the dvd/cd draw. Larryodie I have felt like a blind man for the button with no luck. There doesn't appear to be one' StevenGen The button does not appear to exist. Is there any way of opening the dvd/cd draw if there is no bloody button ?

• Larryodie
    Answer ✓
    Options

Does the DVD show in your device manager ?

Maybe your unit doesn't have a DVD/CD ?

• Discrot7
    Options

Thanks for trying to help. The device manager shows a disk drive but I'm not sure if this is a cd/dvd drive. There is what appears to be a slot on the front of the computer which would be about the size of a normal cd/dvd slot but no apparent means of opening it. There was also freeware on the computer for burning ISO to CD/DVD which would be a bit pointless if there were no CD/DVD. A bit like building a car without a steering wheel. I suspect I will have to go back to the shop and say " OK genius how do I open the CD drive" As I say Thanks for trying to help I wondered if some genius came up with the idea of opening it from the keyboard rather than a button.I have not yet really got my head around windows 10 as I have been using 7.

• Larryodie
    Options

Go to File Explorer then THIS PC. it should show all of your devices and drives.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Some of those models had a DVD drive installed from the factory, some did not. The ones that do not have it do have the blank plate where it would normally go. That is what it sounds like you have.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.