Adding Bluetooth to a Acer Veriton X2 VX2660G - SFF - Core i3 8100 3.6 GHz - 8 GB - SSD 256 GB

I bought this a couple of years ago from Currys and have only now found that it does not have Bluetooth on it. This is becoming important since I want to link it to my mobile phone for making calls etc . So I need to be able to put a Bluetooth card inside it in one of the spare slots. I tried an WIFI Card, 2.4G Bluetooth WIFI 2 in 1 Wireless Card for Mini PCI-E Card Slot Compatible with PC/laptop HM55/ HM57/ HM65/ HM67/ HM75/ HM77.

But having looked inside the computer this clearly is not a suitable card since I cannot see where it might plug in. What would you suggest?

Best Answer

• AliKelman
    AliKelman Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I was getting confused between USB WiFi transmitters and USB Bluetooth transmitters. They are both called "adaptors" and both units look pretty much the same. Even more confusingly when you put "USB Bluetooth adaptor" into a search engine you frequently get USB WiFi adaptors listed. This is what was happening to me at Argos but I finally managed to track down the right unit. which is about two pages into the listing

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8365448?clickSR=slp:term:bluetooth%20usb%20adapter:19:290:2

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@AliKelman

It is very simple. Just go to a near by store and get a external usb bluetooth adapter. Simply plug it to the usb port and start using it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• AliKelman

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I was getting confused between USB WiFi transmitters and USB Bluetooth transmitters. They are both called "adaptors" and both units look pretty much the same. Even more confusingly when you put "USB Bluetooth adaptor" into a search engine you frequently get USB WiFi adaptors listed. This is what was happening to me at Argos but I finally managed to track down the right unit. which is about two pages into the listing

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8365448?clickSR=slp:term:bluetooth%20usb%20adapter:19:290:2

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

The typical chipset used in those adapters have both WiFi and Bluetooth...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AliKelman

Tinkerer

Yes but not always. I was having issues because I also have a ROTEK WiFi Dongle USB 3.0 WiFi Adapter. I plan to migrate to WiFi6 in my home quite soon