Mouse lag - Acer Nitro XZ342CK + MacBook Pro running 11.6

Eleazer93
Eleazer93 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey everyone - I recently purchased the captioned monitor and am connecting to my MacBook with the HDMI that came with the Nitro monitor. There's very noticeable mouse lag when navigating on the monitor. I haven't tinkered with any settings as these advanced display monitors are new to me and I'm not sure of what the standard troubleshooting steps are. Can anyone help? Computer specs below:

2013 MBP

2.6 GHz Intel i5

8GB RAM

Intel Iris 1536 MB graphics card

The monitor setting that I've altered all seem to be display/resolution oriented. There are others like FreeSync and overdrive that don't seem to have any impact on mouse lag when I change them. Hoping for any troubleshooting help, the lag is almost uncomfortable to the point that I'll seek to return the monitor if I can't get it resolved but I have to imagine that such an advanced monitor shouldn't have a problem like this and I'm just missing something obvious.

Thank you!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

There are no monitor settings that can affect the mouse movement... Those are all on the computer side.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.