ASPIRE TC-885-ES18 SSD upgrade questions

DANJ4
DANJ4 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hi

I have a tc-885 i5-9400 it came with a small 128 g ssd (part rbusns8154p3128gj1) in m.2 socket and 1tb hhd. I want to upgrade the ssd i want to make sur a nvme will work something like the https://www.bestbuy.ca/fr-ca/produit/15765234

Thx

[Thread was edited to include the topic issue]

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

@DANJ4

Yes, the WD Blue SN 570 should be fine for increasing capacity.

You may want to get an external 2.5" NVMe SSD adpater and use cloning software to clone the existing 128 G SSD to the new 1 TB drive. If you have not added a NVMe SSD heatsink to the NVMe SSD, take this chance to add one to cool down the drive temperature.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

I second ttttt's suggestion for one of the external NVMe cases with USB connection. You can then repurpose the old drive for external storage after you are done, and it really simplifies the cloning process. I typically don't both with a heat sink, unless it comes without raising the cost. Heat just isn't really an issue with almost all environments.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DANJ4

Thx too both of you, i have another question if you dont mind, what gpu do you suggest I dont want to change the stock psu

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

I believe your Aspire TC-885 SKU has a 500W supply, so anything up to something like a 3070 will work. Acer ships several models with the 500W/3070 combo. I would try anything bigger though...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DANJ4

thx but i have only a 300w psu i know that gtx 1050 will do but the price is still high for me so i will keep looking

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★