Why is Windows 11 update not available on my Predator PT516-51s?

Options
Greenie
Greenie Member Posts: 1 New User

I checked that my laptop meets the minimum requirements, and according to the acer official website (Windows 11 Compatibility | Acer United States), my laptop is compatible with windows 11. I also made sure I'm up to date in the windows 10 updates. I'm worried that force-downloading windows 11 might mess it up or make it laggy so i wanted to download it through the update settings. Does anyone know a work around?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

If you don't want to wait for a while for the update appear in your Windows Update, try manual installation using the method in the link, make sure to backup your system and important files and create a recovery disk using Macrium reflect, familiarise yourself with the recovery procedure, just to be in the safe side, when you install Windows 11, make sure to select "Keep personal files and Apps".

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/upgrade-to-windows-11.152/

• Jameswalter
    Jameswalter Member Posts: 71 Troubleshooter
    Options

You may start by downloading and running the PC Health Check app.

Then run it and see the status of your system.

In case it is ready for the Windows 11, I advise you to wait for the update to become available and meanwhile download and install all updates.

You may download the Windows 11 from Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com). However, we advise you to wait for the update become available.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options

Do whatever @brummyfan2 said. Making an image backup is the easiest way to get back to your perfectly working Windows 10 if there are issues with Windows 11 if it installs fine (didn't have any issues on my PH315-54 btw).

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!