C22 All in One keeps randomly switching off

Options
Fariha
Fariha Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited September 2022 in All-In-One PCs

Hi,

my c22- all in one keeps randomly switching off then on, can anyone help.

thought it might have been windows 11 but have gone to windows 10 and still having the same problem. I’ve had the computer less than a month and it’s been happening since I’ve had it.

thanks in advance

[Thread was edited to include the topic issue]

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @Fariha

You can try to reset the BIOS to check if that makes any difference.

How do I reset my BIOS/UEFI to default settings?

1. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, or until your system shuts completely down.
    2. Power on the system. ...
    3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.

If that doesn't work then you can try to reset the computer to check if that makes any difference.

Check the above link to do a reset.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• Fariha

Tinkerer

Options

@ragsak28 Thank you so much for reaching out I will try this out and if it doesn’t work will try resetting as you suggested.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options

It would help us a lot if you told us which C22 model you have, there have been a bunch of different ones. Since it's new it's likely to be a C22-7xx-xxxx or C22-8xx-xxxx. The full model number should be on the same sticker as your SN. You might also try running a utility to monitor CPU temperatures, I use Core Temp, but there are lots of others. If there is an issue with the cooling you can see it turn off randomly, when the CPU temperature goes too high.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Fariha

Tinkerer

Options

@billsey hi there, thanks for your reply the model is C22-1650 21.5in i5 8GB 512GB All in One. Thanks for that I will check out the Core Temp.

• Fariha

Tinkerer

Options

Reply from Acer,

Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022: Response By Email 

Dear Fariha

Thank you for contacting Acer Group regarding your query, we kindly ask you to update your Windows operating system by following the following steps:

Select the Start (Windows) button from the bottom-left corner.

Go to settings (gear icon).

Select the Update and Security icon.

Choose Windows Update tab in the sidebar (Circular arrows)

Select Check for updates. If there is an available update, it will begin downloading automatically.

Install all the available updates and restart you PC.

If the problem persist kindly we suggest you to recover your Acer computer by pressing Alt + F10 as soon as your computer starts booting up. Use the following steps to restore your computer to factory defaults.

1) Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.

2) Press the Power key to turn on the computer.

3) Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. Your system should boot to a blue screen that says Choose an option.

4) Select Troubleshoot.

5) Click Reset your PC. This process will erase all data on the your system. Choose the Refresh your PC option if you want to restore your system and retain your data.

6) Click Next, then select Just remove my files.

7) Click Reset to begin the recovery.

If the problem still persists please follow the link below to create a service call:

Customer Self Service (acer-euro.com)

We are at your disposal for further information or clarifications

• billsey
    Options

Yeah, run the temperature monitor for a while before getting into an OS reset. If you see spikes in the 100C range then we can assume it's hardware and you should open a ticket with Acer support. If they stay well under that, even with the unexpected shutdown happening, then a rebuild of the OS is the next step, working under the assumption it's software crash caused.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Fariha

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks @billsey for all your advice, I appreciate it .

• William_mk2
    Options

@Fariha

Let us make it simple.

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue..  Turn off the computer.  Tap del while turning on the computer.  It will go to bios.  Please stay on the bios screen for 1 hour.

Please check whether the computer is restarting in Bios. If the computer is restarting in bios then it might be a hardware issue. It might even be a charger or power outlet or surge protector issue. You can try the same steps in a different outlet.

If the computer still restarts in bios then it is a hardware issue.

If it is not restarting in bios then it is a software issue.

Try these basic steps as you are using a Acer PC. 

Turn off the computer.

Unplug all the devices and cables including power cable. 

Press and hold the power button for 90 seconds. 

Connect all the cables back.  Please connect the power cable as the last one.  

Turn on the computer

Tap del 

Go to bios

press f9 - Load defaults - press yes

press f10 - save the changes - press yes

Computer should load the windows ..  It should work fine.

It it is still not working follow the steps given below

If it is still not working then we have to do a refresh and reset

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove everything

chose keep my files 

chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 

It will be in progress.. 

login to computer and start using the computer. 

If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

chose remove everything 

click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset

It will be in progress

Note:

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) - all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos will still be intact.  Only the applications will be lost

If you do reset ( remove everything ) - you are doing a factory default.  It will become like a day one computer.  It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer. 

You can also do the recovery in an alternative way..

There are two alt keys on the keyboard. If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar. The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car. Turn off the computer. Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.  It will go to repair mode. It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot.  If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer. Turn on the computer. Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt ) and then tap f10 continuously. It will go to chose an option continue and troubleshoot..

It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc

click on keep my files ( only applications will be lost )  chose your account and type your password  - click on local reinstall - click on reset

It will be in progress 

If the keep my files option is not working 

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – just remove my files – click on reset 

It will reinstall windows. 

If the just remove my files is not working.. 

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – Fully clean the drive – click on reset 

It will reinstall windows. 

Note: You can also go to chose an option , continue , troubleshoot by holding the alt key + tapping f10 or alt gr + tapping f10 on the keyboard while turning on the computer.  Once you see the troubleshoot option, you can stop tapping the f10 and stop holding the alt key.  Then you can try the keep my files and remove everything ( just remove by files and fully clean the drive ) by following the steps which was mentioned above. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Fariha

Tinkerer

Options

Reply from Acer,

Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022: Response By Email 

Dear Fariha

Thank you for contacting Acer Group regarding your query, we kindly ask you to update your Windows operating system by following the following steps:

Select the Start (Windows) button from the bottom-left corner.

Go to settings (gear icon).

Select the Update and Security icon.

Choose Windows Update tab in the sidebar (Circular arrows)

Select Check for updates. If there is an available update, it will begin downloading automatically.

Install all the available updates and restart you PC.

If the problem persist kindly we suggest you to recover your Acer computer by pressing Alt + F10 as soon as your computer starts booting up. Use the following steps to restore your computer to factory defaults.

1) Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.

2) Press the Power key to turn on the computer.

3) Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. Your system should boot to a blue screen that says Choose an option.

4) Select Troubleshoot.

5) Click Reset your PC. This process will erase all data on the your system. Choose the Refresh your PC option if you want to restore your system and retain your data.

6) Click Next, then select Just remove my files.

7) Click Reset to begin the recovery.

If the problem still persists please follow the link below to create a service call:

Customer Self Service (acer-euro.com)

We are at your disposal for further information or clarifications

• Fariha

Tinkerer

Options

@billsey just running core temps now, these are initial readings.

• Fariha

Tinkerer

Options

@William_mk2 thank you for your comprehensive list of things to do…I am just in BIOS and will stay here for an hour.

I am a bit of a roofer/novice etc but where do I go from the bios screen…you said if it starts in bios etc…so should I just escape and see if start up continues is that what you meant etc.

ref the power surge thing…again this is a stupid question but the computer is plugged into an extension…not sure if it has surge protection

will work through that you have provided etc.

i did see on you tube about going into advanced settings and altering when the computer switches off if there is a fault…i did disable that

• billsey
    Options

Those temperatures look just fine as is. Monitor to see if they spike when you next see the reset.

• Fariha

Tinkerer

Options

@billsey thanks will do.

computer seems fine when I use it…when my kids use it keeps switching off still.

• billsey
    Options

So, what do they run that you don't? They might be running something buggy enough to do a hard crash...

• Fariha

Tinkerer

Options

@billsey hi, my daughter was just doing normal school work..think my son was running a game.

this morning I was looking at the events log to try to figure out an event id…then the computer switched off and on , so I wasn’t doing much on the computer.

have a plethora of event ids some hardware…but the ones that happened at the time were 10016, 6062 LSO was triggered,

seeing as I have zero experience in trying to fix these things am left with 2 options returning item to argos..they have no more computers at this spec at the price or got or return it to acer for them to do something.

have googled to see if i can fix the event errors but not sure if I will make things worse….

thank you for your continued support and everyone on here.

F

• billsey
    Options

Try running in Safe mode with networking for a while to see if it can be triggered there as well. If it can then (if it's a software issue) we can assume it's part of the OS install, if it can't happen in safe mode than it's a third party app or driver and we can look at running only a subset of them. You could also give a factory reset a try, but backup your personal data first, because it'll go back to where it was when you first turned it on. You get to the factory reset menu with an Alt-F10 at boot time...