ext215 screen disassembly

trent94
trent94 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello, I have a Ext215 laptop.

The screen is always black.

I want to check the screen but it is difficult to disassemble beacause there are 2 screws up, end it is glued by a tape.

There is also an horizontal cover at the bottm of the screen. I don't know how to take it apart.

Are there instructions explainig how to remove screen properly ?

Cheers

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

OK, here is the procedure to disassemble:

The part you need to know about reassembly is here:

Hope this gets you going!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey

I am guessing you mean one of the Extensa 215 models. There have been a bunch of them over the years though. Which one do you have? The model number should be something like Extensa 215-xxx-xxxx and should be shown on the same sticker as your SN. Different models have been assembled in different ways, and I don't want to give you instructions for the wrong one...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • trent94
    edited September 2022

Hello and thanks for your answer.

It's EXT215-31-P8GN

I wonder if the glue tape under the screen is replaceable ? Is there a glue tape specific compatible with those screens. i could buy ?

Cheers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

OK, here is the procedure to disassemble:

The part you need to know about reassembly is here:

Hope this gets you going!

• trent94

Super, that 's what i needed thanks a lot !