Acer Aspire SW5-111 No bootable device found

Options
rwisniewski46
rwisniewski46 Member Posts: 23 Networker

I am unable to get my laptop to come on as it says no bootable device found or installed. Somehow everything got wiped cleaned. Can I install a hard drive to replace the old one or can I use an USB flash drive to fix the problem?

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,212 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited September 2022
    Options
    1. Is the SSD/HDD showing up in the BIOS?
    2. Can you send a photo of the bios information tab?
    3. If you wiped your system disk, you can reinstall Windows by preparing a bootable USB flash drive with the Windows Media Creation Tool. Don't forget to enable F12 boot menu in the BIOS. Otherwise you can not select the USB flash drive when booting up.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

MAYBE it is possible to install a 2.5" sata 3 ssd:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

That HDD is located in the dock, not in the main body of the Switch, so isn't a really good solution. You would no longer be able to use the tablet without the keyboard attached. Likely the eMMC drive has failed on the MB and the fix for that is most likely more costly than the system is worth. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • William_mk2
    Options

@rwisniewski46

First of all we need to check whether the hdd is getting detected on Bios..  Tap f2 while turning on the computer.  It will go to bios..  On the info menu please look at the hdd model name and hdd serial no.  If you are able to see the details then hdd is detected on the computer.   If it is not detected then we might have to reseat the hdd ..  If it is not detected then it means that motherboard is not communicating with the hdd.    If the motherboard is not able to communicate with the hdd then it will not load the windows while turning on the computer. 

I am really sorry for the inconvenience..  Let us do the basic steps first..

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help. Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down. On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and – sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer. Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you don’t find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery. Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down. On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door. Just below that you can find a latch. If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed, flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.  Hold the power button for 1 minute. After releasing the button you should wait a while before plugging in power. Just because the button has been pressed doesn’t bleed off all the residual electricity on the motherboard. Wait 15-30 minutes before plugging in power. Then once power is connected wait for a full battery indication before turning the system on. That allows the battery to fully reset it’s internal statistics.

Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear. Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.  

It might also be the issue with battery, charger or power outlet.  Try to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet. Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet.  Try to use an alternative charger if possible.  Try to turn on the computer without the charger and check it ( as long as the battery is not drained out )  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    Options

@rwisniewski46

If you are not able to load the windows.. please follow the steps given below...

Step 2 

My goal is to help you to get into repair mode. It will show you - chose an option, continue, troubleshoot, use a device.

Different ways of getting into repair mode:

When you start the computer, once it goes to automatic repair, diagnosing your pc , it will show you something like restart, advanced options.  If you click on advanced option, it will go to repair mode where it will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot, use a device. If you are not able to get into repair mode, we might have to do a hard reset to get into repair mode.  Turn on the computer.  Once it goes beyond the acer logo, turn off the computer immediately by holding the power button.  Do this for 6 to 7 times.  Turn on the computer.  It will go to repair mode. 

If it is still not working you have to follow these steps. There are two alt keys on the keyboard. If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar. The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car. Turn off the computer. Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.  It will go to repair mode. If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer.  Turn on the computer. Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt ) and then tap f10 continuously.  It will go to repair mode. 

You can click on troubleshoot - reset this pc -  It will show you keep my files and remove everything. 

Again in remove everything there will be two options - Just remove my files and fully clean the drive. 

You can try Just remove my files.   If it is still not working then you can try "Fully clean the drive"

Step 3.  

Installing windows using flash drive:

Turn off the computer.  Tap f2 - go to to bios - Go to main menu - F12 boot menu - it will be disabled - Press enter - enable it.  Go to boot menu - Boot mode - change it to uefi - Secure boot enabled  - f10 saved the changes.  

Connect the flash drive - tap f12 - It will show you the boot menu with usb hdd flash drive as option 2 now  - chose it and start to install

If you not able to go to bios by tapping f2 - go to repair mode which was mentioned on Step 2 - Go to troubleshoot - advanced option - Go to UEFI option - click on restart - It will go to Bios.  

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    Options

@rwisniewski46

Is the hdd getting detected in bios ?

Tap f2 while turning on the computer.  It will go to bios..  On the info menu 

It will show you

hdd0 model: none or model name

hdd0 serial no: none or some alpha numeric no

hdd1 model: none or model name 

hdd1 serial : none or serial no 

If you are able to see the model no then that means hdd is detected.. 

Kindly let us know whether the hdd is detected on Bios. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @rwisniewski46

You can try to reset the BIOS.

How do I reset my BIOS/UEFI to default settings?

1. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, or until your system shuts completely down.
    2. Power on the system. ...
    3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.

If that doesn't work then you can try to do a reset to check if that makes any difference.

Check the above link to do a reset.

NIOTE: You will loose all the data during the reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.