Unable to restore Windows 10 aspire C20-720

Options
Troy123
Troy123 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2022 in All-In-One PCs

Hi,

have an aspire C20-720 series that will not boot into windows nor will restore (fails at 96%). Have done the usual fixes (e.g. using diskpart to clear the read only attrib, etc...).

Is their an ISO that I can download and install onto it, please?

Appreciate can buy one for £50! however doing this as a favour to someone,

Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

You could always just put the standard Windows on it, then add an Acer specific drivers from their support site. You will lose any Acer specific utilities but everything else should work. Though if the initial failure is due to a failing drive, it'll still be failing with the new OS loaded...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Troy123
    Options

Thanks for answering, however what do I do about an activation key?

• billsey
    Options

The activation key is embedded in the BIOS on modern systems, so it should activate fine once you are back up and running.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

Have you tried pressing alt+f10 before the acer logo?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Troy123
    Options

Hi all,

The repair option never worked so done a fresh install of Windows, however device manager is reporting SM Bus Controller isn't working. Have downloaded and installed the chipset drivers from the Acer site however that did not fix it, just for good measure have rebooted and tried again and same issue.

Therefore where can I find this driver please? Model details above.

• billsey
    Options

Try installing the chipset drivers, that's where the SM bus stuff should be located.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you tell the device idhardware SMBUS CONTROLLER?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)