Helios PH315-55-795C Nvidia Option Missing After Motherboard Replacement Repairs-Firmware reinstall.

Options
Schikey
Schikey Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

Last 3 weeks, my Acer Predator Helios 300 GPU was not operational so i sent it to Acer Service Center to do a motherboard replacement. They did that alongside with reinstalling some firmware and drivers. Once I received my fully repaired operational laptop, I decided to check around my laptop and noticed that the option for activating Nvidia Advance Optimus was missing. (it should display Manage Display Setting)

However, the problem is this model supports Nvidia Advance Optimus. Heck, before the motherboard replacement, it actually has them before and i used them as well......

(this is the RTX3070 ver and im using the RTX3070TI version but it should have in both of them)

How to restore it may I ask?

I dont know what kind of firmware the technicians reinstalled in my stuff.... but i swear man....

Model :

Acer Predator Helios 300 2022 (PH315-55-795C)

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options

Do you happen to have an image backup of Windows 11 that came with your device? Also you might wanna contact Acer support again for flashing proper firmware and WIndows 11 image.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Schikey

Tinkerer

Options

@XdxD searched on the internet, gave up... looks like imma have to head to Acer support center tmrw to see....

• ubaps
    ubaps Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Got the same problem after LCD replacement, was this resolved?

• XdxD
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ask the Acer support to fix it properly since it's still under warranty.

• Schikey

Tinkerer

Options

To everyone responding to this @ubaps @XdxD ... I managed to have it fixed after sending my PC to Acer support site .... apprently they are using the bios from the wrong country (China).. they switched back to Taiwan's BIOS (origin) and now it is fixed thanks to this. Case have been closed.

• XdxD
    Options

Glad you were able to get it fixed.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

can you send a picture of the bios information tab? It is common for the model name to be wrong when replacing the motherboard, causing some problems.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sraj
    sraj Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have predator helios 300 ph 55 i12th , I also got the lcd replaced. And the same thing is going on. There is no advanced optimus in nvidia control panel. The other thing I have noticed is , under settings - display-advanced display . My Display 1would demonstrate- External Display, but now it shows Internal display. I called acer , they told me , my laptop doesn't support it. But I know it does and I had used it for a year. I am lost and don't know what to do.

• Anik233
    Anik233 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Helo @Schikey can you please help me i also facing the same issue please contact me in sam022481@gmail.com

• Anik233
    Anik233 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

If any have this problem resolved please help i also facing the same issue in my laptop same as @ubaps