After Fyde OS install, my Aspire One cannot boot! Acer Aspire One AO756

Options
2»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

I can't think of any scenario where you could break the BIOS by doing an OS install. Something else is likely going on. If the OS install assumed you were UEFI when the system was not then what should have happened is a failed boot, since the drive would have been set as GPT by the installer. We have seen issues where the time allotted to hit the BIOS entry key is set to zero which makes it very difficult to enter the BIOS, but the Acer splash screen should still appear while POST is active. Try, from a powered off state, pressing and holding the F2 key, then turn it on and keep the key held down until you get the BIOS screen. Removing the HDD should have allowed the normal timeout for the F2 key press, so I don't really expect this to work any better, but who knows?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sammeme
    sammeme Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

>>> but the Acer splash screen should still appear while POST is active

I don't think so. There's no Acer logo on boot, just a black screen.

>>> Try, from a powered off state, pressing and holding the F2 key, then turn it on and keep the key held down until you get the BIOS screen. Removing the HDD should have allowed the normal timeout for the F2 key press >>>

I turned it on and hold F2 down, also unpluged the HDD, but no luck.

• Jajoo
    Jajoo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Press FN+F6 and/or FN+F5 to try to turn the screen on.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>Last week, I installed FydeOS with the rEFind option on my laptop.>>>

Was FydeOS & refind on the same boot stick?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>There's no Acer logo on boot, just a black screen.>>>

Are you sure there's no cursor or blinking cursor in upper left corner? Is screen brightness turned up to maximum ?

Jack E/NJ

• sammeme
    sammeme Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

I'm pretty sure that i set the brightness to max and no cursor or a blinking cursor.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

I suggest you unplug all hard drives and ssds and then check if the computer turns on properly.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)